Butterscotch Auction Gallery is Westchester, New York's oldest and foremost auction house, supplying the safest and most profitable channel through which an individual or an estate trustee can realize the value of antiques and other items of quality.
Paul D. Marinucci, ISA, has for over 27 years been actively engaged in the appraisal of fine arts, antiques and general estate merchandise for attorneys, executors and individuals.
For over 18 years, our prime location in historic Bedford Village has attracted a unique audience of collectors, dealers, galleries and museums from New England, New York City and the surrounding area, as well as throughout the U.S. and across the oceans.
Appraisals for estate purposes according to the Uniform Standard of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) as written by the Appraisal Standards Board of the Appraisal Foundation, authorized by Congress as the source of appraisal standards and appraiser qualification.
Our Comprehensive Auction Services Include:
* A written contract between the gallery and the consignor(s) / executor(s).
* An itemized description of each consigned article with an assigned lot and item number, and its current, fair market value.
* Complete accountability with auction sold receipts for each item. Full insurance (issuance of certificate of Insurance) at no additional charge to the consignor.
* Advertising in the New York Times, Antiques and the Arts Weekly, the National Publication of Antique Dealers and Collectors, as well as local ads.
* No additional charge for advertising and photography.
* Extensive mailing list of over 2000 clients who have attended and purchased items from our gallery in the past.
* Our own professional moving service, experienced in handling, packaging and removal of valuable and fragile objects at no additional charge.
* A commission rate of 15%.
* No extra charges.
* Settlement on consignments are made 15 days after auction date. Arrangements may be made to be paid sooner.
* The Gallery charges the standard 15% premium to the buyer.
Areas of Speciality
Reflecting the varied nature of the art and antiques market, we have specialists in the following areas:
American, English & European Furniture and Accessories
Arts and Crafts Period Furniture and Accessories
Jewelry & Silver
American and European Paintings and Prints
Oriental Art, Oriental Rugs
Toys & Dolls, Military Items and Sporting Equipment
Art Glass, Porcelain, China and Pottery
American Indian and Ethnographic Art
Antique Clocks and Automatons
General Household Merchandise
Who We Have Represented
The Butterscotch Auction Gallery has represented some of the most prominent Estates and their fine collectibles. Some of these clients include:
The Estate of Noted Archeologist Dr. William Duncan Strong
The Prominent collection of the late Perston R. Basset
The deceased parents of Stephan and Herbert Sondheim
Gurdjieff Foundation, Armonk, NY
Messmore Damon, Inc. - Builders and Designers of
Exhibits and Displays for 75 years, New York City
Count and Countess Adloph de Hoernle of Bronxville, NY
Carl & Rubin Goldmark, noted American Composers
Numerous Museums (names available upon request)
Visit Our Website