Lot 31 View Catalog
TRIPLE FLUTE AND BAR STAND LAMP, opaque white font, colorless stem with black painted interior and multi-colored mottling, opaque white square base, underside of base with an embossed "1" to one corner and with a hole, as made for rod attachment, brass connector, No. 2 fine line collar. Fitted with a period set-up comprising an E. F. Jones No. 2 lip burner, thumbwheel marked "E F JONES PATENTED MAY 4 1858 / E MILLER MERIDEN CT", standard 4" stamped shade ring with coining and underside stamped "W", frosted and engraved ball-form shade with roughed leaves and floral decoration, and a lip chimney. Third quarter 19th century. 16 1/2" H to top of shade, 9 1/2" H to top of collar, 4" SQ base. Shade 6 1/4" H, 4" D fitter.
Literature: Lamp parallels Thuro II, p. 32d. Stem as Thuro II, p. 33p. Shade decoration parallels Thuro III, p. 247b.
Provenance: From the collection of Abigail and the late Edward Meyer of Plantsville, CT.
|Estimate||$400 – $600|