Salvador Dali 12 Hand Signed Etchings Surrealism
SALVADOR DALI 1904-1989
1904 - Figueras-1989 (Spanish)
Title: The Dalinistic Bestiary of La Fontaine / Le Bestiaire de La Fontaine Dalinisé, 1974
Technique: Portfolio with 12 Hand Signed and Numbered Original Etchings and Pochoirs in colours on Richard de Bas Auvergne paper
Portfolio size: 83.5 x 61 cm / 33 x 24 in
Paper Size: 78.5 x 59 cm / 31 x 23.2 in
Additional Information: This work by Salvador Dali includes 12 different etchings coloured in pochoir.
Each one is titled separately as following:
- Portrait of La Fontaine / Le portrait de La Fontaine
- Elephant and the Monkey / L'Elephant et le Singe de Jupiter
- The Raven and the Fox / Le Corbeau et le Renard
- The Animals Sick of The Plague / Les Animaux Malades de la Peste
- The Rider and the Deer / Le Cavalier et le Cerf (original title was Le Cheval s'étant voulu venger du cerf)
- The Sick Deer / Le Cerf Malade
- The Deer that Show itself in the Water / Le Cerf se voyant dans l'eau
- The Monkey and the Leopard / Le Singe et le Léopard (size: 59 x 41 cm)
- The Coach and the Fly / Le Coche et la Mouche
- The Lion's Court / La Cour du Lion
- The Oak and the Reed / Le Chene et le Roseau
- The Horse and the Wolf / Le Cheval et le Loup
Each one of the etchings is printed on a full separate sheet of Auvergne paper and each one of them is hand signed in pencil by the artist at the lower right margins as well as hand numbered in pencil "II/CXX" (2/120) at the lower left margins.
The portfolio also includes a list of all the titles of the works and the front page which is hand numbered, and signed by both the Editor and also by Maitre Bilger who was the offical legal approval for this publication in France.
The work also includes an original certificate of authenticity for each one of the etchings by the editor and the offical legal approval from 1978.
The work was printed by Atelier Rigal in France and publsihed by Editions des Maitres Contemporains (Robert Mouret).
Each print comes with a certificate of authencity issued by Editions des Maitres Contemporains and Maitre Bilger on the 22nd of April 1976.
Provenance: Galerie Mozart, Metz, France.
1. "Dali Salvador, Catalogue Raisonne of Etchings Tome I, 1924-1980", by Ralf Michler and Lutz Lupsinger
Reference: Lupsinger, No. 653-664 (a), Illustrated on page sno. 222-223.
2. Field, Albert, 1996. The Official Catalog of the Graphic Works of Salvador Dali. The Salvador Dali Archives, New York.
Reference: Field 74-1
Condition: Excellent condition.