Painted cupboard doors attributed to Chuck Close, (b. 1940). Four large cabinet door faces that combine to a complete image. Oil on board. These panels were found in the Robert Reichart designed home in Lake Stevens, Washington owned by Chuck Close and his mother in the 1960’s when Close was at the University of Washington. Most everything in the house, including kitchen appliances was painted in this fashion when the present owner purchased the home from Chuck Close’s mother. The fact that the four cabinet doors combined to make an image when removed from the case structure was unknown until this year when the owner placed them together and saw the continuity of the image.
Provenance:collection of the original purchaser’s family.