Proven leader in the Antiques, Estates, Real Estate and Collectibles Industry!
* Recognized Authority in the Toy and Collectibles Industry
* Full Service Auctioneering Firm Since 1970
* Selling to and Consignee for Major Institutions, Collectors, and the General Public
* Consultation and Appraisal Services
* Collection Management Services
* Unmarked Personal Property Marketing
* Real Estate and Business Liquidation Services
Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc. has met the needs of both buyer and seller with an unmatched reputation for honesty and integrity, complemented by unequaled service and expertise. We've gained our customers' trust and confidence by combining all these qualities into one simple philosophy: work harder than anyone else in the business. The results have made us one of the industry's leaders.
At Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc., we put the industrywide-recognized advantages of the "auction method" to work for you. The established, systematic, proven selling strategy is a time-tested procedure for success, outperforming any other marketing approach. Under the auction method, your commodity will realize its highest economic value - meaning the highest profits for you.
A full slate of auctions is held throughout the year in our spacious Timonium, Maryland gallery, just minutes from the Baltimore Beltway. From one item to an entire collection, Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc., consistently maximizes consignor return - and satisfaction. Call us today, (410) 252-5035, and put the Opfer Auctioneering Advantage to work for you.
* The Reppert School of Auctioneering in Decatur, Indiana, 1972
* New York University, Certificate of Intensified Appraisal Studies, 1990
* Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI), 1986 (Received top honors)
* Involved in the antique business and conducting auction sales since 1970.
* Conducts over 100 real estate, antique, and personal property auctions per year as Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc.
* Attends numerous auctions, antique shows and related events each year, to keep abreast of current market and replacement values.
* Testified before the District Court as an expert witness and qualified appraiser.
* Served as consultant at Mint and Boxed Toy Auction for Christies, New York.
Held the following auctions as Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc. or served as primary auctioneer for:
* The Estate of Eugene Sussel
* The Collection of Roger Steckler (Pocket Mirrors and Tip Trays)
* The Estate of Robert McCauley (Swords & Weapons, Indian Items, Antiques)
* The Estate of Robert Brocksbank (Black Americana)
* The Advertising Collection of Phil & Karol Atkinson
* The Collection of Albert Hendler (Cap guns & Advertising)
* The Mahopac Farm Museum Auction
* The Cloisters' Children's Museum (Antiques & Fine Art)
* The Detroit Antique Toy Museum
* The Charles Duff Mechanical Bank and Toy Estate
* The Legendary Collection of George Haney (Advertising and Toys)
* The Bill Norman Collection of Mechanical Banks
* The Tom Anderson Collection (Toys and Folk Art)
* The Gottschalk Collection of Automobilia
* The Larry Schafle Collection (Toys, Folk Art, Indian Items)
* The Jimmy Friedman Collection (Comic character toys)
* The Edgar and Donna Orchard Collection (Black Americana)
Community Activities and Fund Raisers
Presides regularly over many charity auctions, including:
* American Lung Association
* United Cerebral Palsy
* American Cancer Society
* Homeless Charities
* Children's Charities
* Conservation Organizations
* Various local schools and academies
* National Auctioneers Association (NAA)
* Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI)
* Maryland Auctioneers Association
* Pennsylvania Auctioneers Association
* Licensed in Maryland, Kentucky, Virginia, and Pennsylvania
Visit Our Website