Week of Sale preview: April 20 & 21, 10am to 3pm
Saturday, April 22nd from 10am to 5pm
Limited Preview on day of auction 9am to 10:30am
Terms & Conditions
TREMONT AUCTIONS will offer the property described in this catalog by the conditions set forth below which may be may be amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale. By bidding at an auction, whether in person or by agent, absentee bid, telephone, Internet or other means, the purchaser or bidder agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any other kind, express or implied. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. Tremont Auctions attempts to catalog every lot correctly and will attempt to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog or other descriptions of the lot.
2. As used in these conditions of sale, the term "final bid" means the highest bid acknowledged by the auctioneer and the term "purchase price" means the sum of the final bid plus the premium payable by the buyer, as set forth in Condition 4.
3. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer has the right to reject any bid, to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion, and in the event of any dispute between bidders to determine the successful bidder, to continue the bidding or to re-offer and resell the lot in dispute. In the event of any dispute after the sale, Tremont Auctions record of final sale shall be conclusive. Internet bidders should be aware that auction floor bids taken by the Auctioneer always supersede bids taken online, therefore it is often necessary for Internet bidders to bid again to have the contending bid on any particular item.
4. Tremont Auctions reserves the right to withdraw any lot before the sale.
5. The purchase price payable by a buyer shall be the sum of the final bid plus a premium of 25%, with a discount to 22% with payment by cash or check.
6. Title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer upon the fall of the auctioneer's hammer and announcement by the auctioneer that the lot has been sold. The buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and shall pay the full purchase price.
7. No lot may be removed from Tremont Auctions premises until the buyer has paid in full the purchase price thereof. In addition to other remedies available by law, auction house reserves the right to impose a late charge of 1 1/2% per month on the purchase price if the buyer does not make payment in full in accordance with these conditions of sale.
8. PAYMENT TERMS
Invoices will be emailed to the email address registered with your Auction Platform within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Auction and payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE SETTLED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF THE AUCTION DATE! Payment shall be in personal or business check (items held till check clears), money order, cashier's check, Visa, Mastercard, (and other major credit cards). bank wire transfer (requires any incurred fees for wire transfers or other transactions which will be the responsibility of the buyer). A service charge of $25.00 will be charged for any returned check. PLEASE NOTE: There is a maximum of $25,000 that may be charged to credit cards, per client invoice. Massachusetts State Sales Tax of 6.25% will be added to all final purchases, unless we are presented with a copy of a valid Massachusetts State Resale certificate. With a copy of this current certificate. You will be required to complete a signed ST4 form which will become part of our permanent records. Resale Tax numbers/certificates from other states will be accepted, a copy of your certificate must be presented to us. International buyers are responsible for tariffs, taxes or assessments of shipped items to the buyer?s country.
9. REMOVAL OF GOODS, STORAGE & PICK UP
All property is to be packed, shipped or transported at the risk and expense of the Purchaser. Tremont Auctions CANNOT PROVIDE IN-HOUSE SHIPPING OR QUOTES-ALL SHIPPING IS OUTSOURCED. A signed release with the name and contact information of your shipper must be submitted to Tremont Auctions before any merchandise can be released. ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED FROM OUR Gallery WITHIN 10 DAYS OF THE END OF THE AUCTION. Items are stored at the risk of the Purchaser. A 24 hour notice is required for any items that are to be picked up and a storage fee of $10.00 per day WILL be assessed per item if not removed within the requested time, regardless of size and value of the lot(s). Unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed to.
10. Tremont Auctions shall not be held liable for failure to execute left bids.
11. If any applicable conditions herein are not complied with by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to it by law, including without limitation the right to hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price, Tremont Auctions at its option may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (b) resell the property at public auction without reserve or minimum selling price, and the purchaser will be liable for any deficiency and costs, including handling charges, expenses of both sales, the commission on both sales at regular rates, all other charges due hereunder and incidental damages.
12. If we are prevented by fire, theft, or any other reason whatsoever from delivering any property to the purchaser, our liability shall be limited to the low auction estimate in the online catalog.
13. Please note that lots containing ivory, tortoiseshell, or other animal materials may be subject to regulations imposed by the Endangered Species Act and by the United States Fish and Wildlife Department. Some countries prohibit the importation of property containing materials from endangered species, and prospective purchasers should familiarize themselves with relevant customs regulations prior to bidding if they intend to import these lots into another country. Buyer is responsible for any and all CITES permits.
14. These terms and conditions of sale, as well as the respective rights and obligations of Tremont Auctions and any purchasers or bidder at any sale of Tremont Auctions, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Massachusetts.
Tremont Auctions will be pleased to provide a condition report for any lot on request. Nevertheless, prospective buyers are reminded that each lot is sold "as is", and their attention is drawn to term #1.
The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Most of the items we sell are OLD and will have imperfections pursuant to age. We recommend prospective bidders examine all items in which they have an interest. By placing a bid, either in person, by phone, absentee or via the Internet, you signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire to or that you have chosen not to examine them. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you have an expert examine the lot for you or DO NOT BID on the item in question. Bidding on these items is acceptance of these terms.
WE DON'T GIVE REFUNDS, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.