The preview is available by appointment or at 8:00AM on both sale days.
Terms & Conditions
This auction is being held at the Pennsylvania Stout Auctions gallery located at: 2884 Mercer-West Middlesex Road, West Middlesex, PA 16159.
1. We are now using the new TCA grading standards as released in the last TCA Newsletter. Please read the grading CAREFULLY as it is significantly different than our old grading system. We will not accept returns based on the old grading system. Grading Scale:
C1 Junk-parts value only
C2 Restoration required
C3 Poor- requires major body repair: heavily scratched, major rust, missing parts, major restoration candidate
C4 Fair-scratched: moderate, paint loss, dented, missing parts, surface rust, evidence of heavy use
C5 Good- sign of play wear: with scratches and minor paint loss, small dents, minor surface rust, evidence of heavy use
C6 Very good: minor scratches and paint nicks, minor spots of surface rust, free of dents, may have minor parts replaced
C7 Excellent-all original: minute scratches and paint nicks, no rust, no missing parts, no distortion of component parts
C8 Like New-complete all original: No rust, no missing parts, may show affects of being on display and/or age, may have been run
C9 Factory New-brand new: all original, unused, may evidence factory rubs and the slightest evidence of handling, shipping and having been test run at the factory
C10 Mint-brand new: all original, unused and unblemished
Grading was done strictly and by appearance of the item, not boxes and not running ability. We do NOT guarantee running ability of any item. Absolutely no returns are accepted on items graded C5 or lower. After 30 days we will not accept returns under any circumstances, including items that may be described differently due to new technologies or information. Stout Auctions makes a reasonable effort to represent authenticity, originality, and grade of items with maximum accuracy at the time of the sale.
2. Ebay live auctions is NOT the same as a regular ebay auction. This is provided as a service and convenience to allow people to bid at the live gallery style auction from your computer.
3. A buyer’s premium of 17.5% is added to the purchase price of any item(s) you are successful with. This is to help defray the cost to provide this service. We have already had an overwhelming positive response from individuals who feel it is much more convenient than hotel stays and traveling great distances. We hope that you find this service well worth it too. The buyers premium is 10% for those people attending and making purchases in person at the auction in West Middlesex, PA.
4. Stout Auctions has made every effort to accurately describe all items being sold, but all property offered for sale is offered “as is” and it is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in this catalog, bill of sale or invoice shall be deemed to be a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any of these items. Any such statements are strictly matters of opinion.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to make any changes to the terms of the sale and to the catalog.
6. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the Auctioneer’s “hammer”. The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility of the lot purchased once title has passed.
7. Payment may be made by cash, cashiers check (or other guaranteed funds), money order, personal check, and Bidpay. We do NOT accept Paypal or other electronic payment services. Payments for attending bidders are to be made the day of the auction with all items removed that day.
8. All absentee shipments are shipped by UPS within US borders. Orders outside the US are shipped by the US Postal Service.
9. Pennsylvania residents must pay 6% sales tax unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax. Out of state buyers are not required to pay Pennsylvania sales tax for absentee purchases. Attending bidders are required to pay sales tax unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax.
10. In the event of tie bids between online bidders and those present at the auction, please view the Stout Auctions website for an explaination.
11. The Auctioneer will be the final judge as to which bidder is the highest bidder. In the event of any dispute in this matter, the auctioneer shall at his discretion decide to reopen the bidding or not.
12. Stout Auctions makes every effort to execute the bids, however Stout Auctions is NOT responsible for any missed bids.
13. Stout Auctions are not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog or in the subsequent price key.
14. The auction items can be previewed in person by setting up an appointment in the weeks previous to the auction. Public previews are Friday September 29th starting at 8:00AM and Saturday September 30th starting at 8:00AM. View our website for more information.
15. In bidding on any lot here offered the bidder indicates acceptance of these Terms of Sale. For additional information regarding the Terms of Sale or any other matter relevant to this auction contact: Stout Auctions, 2884 Mercer-West Middlesex Road, West Middlesex, PA 16159, fax: 724-528-1100, tel:724-528-1500.