Essex Auction and Estate Services: Terms & Conditions
All property offered and sold through Essex Auction and Estate Services shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions set forth below. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by absentee bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. ALL PROPERTIES SOLD AS IS. NO RETURNS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. An 20% buyer's premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot for floor and phone bidders, a 25% buyer?s premium for online platforms.
3. All purchases (including buyer?s premium) will be subject to a Massachusetts State Sales Tax of 6.25%, unless the buyer is an out-of-state resident and lots are being shipped out of Massachusetts, or if the purchaser has a valid Tax Exempt Certificate (an actual resale certificate must be presented and on file with Essex Auction and Estate Services).
4. All properties are sold as is, and all sales are final. Though all description and commentary are believed to be correct, neither the auctioneer nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind with respect to merchandise. Buyer shall not rely on the auctioneer, employees, the catalog description, or advertisements in any part, and must rely only on his own inspection and opinions of all items: we offer a preview and high resolution photos for potential buyers to review and make their own conclusions about the piece. No employee is authorized to make any warranties, expressed or implied, on behalf of Essex Auction and Estate Services. NO GUARANTEE OF PROVENANCE: Essex Auction and Estate Services is not responsible for the research and provenance of each item. Altair Auction is not responsible for authenticity, genuineness of, estimated selling price of, or defects in any lot, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance will be made or sale set aside on account of any incorrectness, error in cataloging or any imperfection not noted. No deduction will be allowed on damaged articles as all goods being exposed for public exhibition are sold ?as is? and without recourse. NO GUARANTEE OF AUTHENTICITY FOR JADE: Essex Auction and Estate Services does not guarantee the authenticity of the color or age of any jade. All jade will be sold as is, without any warranties. All sales are final in jade purchases, no returns will be accepted. Judgment of such qualities is at the sole discretion of the buyer. NO GUARANTEE OF AUTHENTICITY FOR CHINESE PAINTINGS: Essex Auction and Estate Services does not guarantee any of the lot number descriptions concerning Chinese paintings including authentication, originator, and the date of execution. NO GUARANTEE OF AUTHENTICITY FOR CHINESE STAMPS, COIN, AND/OR PAPER CURRENCY: Essex Auction and Estate Services cannot guarantee any of the lot number descriptions, illustrations, and conditions are provided as reference. All items sold as, no returns.
5. All bidders shall obtain a bidding number tag/pad at least 30 minutes before the start of the auction by presenting his/her ID or valid passport. All bidders shall keep the number tag/pad under his/her safe custody. The tag/pad shall not be lent to any other person(s). Otherwise, he/she shall bear all the responsibilities associated with the use of his/her number tag/pad for bidding or any other use.
6. All buyers must provide a credit card in order to approve requests in case of default by the buyer. If you are the high bidder on an item, you will receive an invoice by email within 24-48 hours with instructions regarding payment and shipment of your item. You will be given the opportunity at that time to contact us and let us know your preferred method of making payment (credit card, check, or wire transfer). By providing Essex Auction and Estate Services with this information, you allow us to charge and immediately refund $100 USD to ensure validity of the credit card. Altair reserves the right to charge up to 30% deposit fee to customers who make purchases in excess of $10,000, or 10 lots.
7. We accept credit cards (Master Card, Visa, and Discover), checks, cash, and wire transfers. Payments over $3000.00 will be charged an additional 3%, if payment is made by credit card. If payment is made by cash, wire transfer or check there is no additional charge. All payments or settlements shall be made in US Dollars. Buyers can only collect the lots after full payments are made. Should payments be made by check or draft, lots will only be released after bank clearance which should be five business days after we receive the check. Should payments be made by Wire Transfer please be advised that there may be an additional charge from the bank that receives the transfer. Wire transfers can take up to five to ten business days to clear in order for your invoice to be paid. PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 20 DAYS OF THE AUCTION. If you fail to pay within 30 days, we will charge your credit card the total amount on your invoice. All property purchased from Essex Auction and Estate Services must be removed within 60 days after the auction date. Essex Auction and Estate Services is not responsible for paid items left for over 60 days after the auction date (unless a prior agreement has been made). Items left after 60 days will incur a $10/day storage fee per item. Once storage fees have exceeded the actual purchase price of the item(s) Essex Auction and Estate Services can exercise the right to re-auction.
8. All items are sold to the highest bidder as acknowledged by the auctioneer. The auctioneer has the right to reject any bid! The auctioneer is the arbiter of any disputed bid. He may reopen bidding at his discretion and reject bids deemed inappropriate. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to reoffer the item at another time. Every effort is made by the auctioneer to execute all bids, including floor, absentee, and telephone and internet bids. We are not responsible for any missed bids. Essex Auction and Estate Services reserve the right to cancel any sale or bid before, during, and after the auction.
9. Some property that is sold at auction can be subject to laws governing export from the United States, such as items that include material from some endangered species. Import restrictions from foreign countries are subject to these same governing laws. Granting of licensing for import or export of goods from local authorities is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Denial or delay of licensing will not constitute cancellation or delay in payment for the total purchase price of these lots.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.