10am - 6pm on weekdays
8:30am - 5:30pm on weekends
Terms & Conditions
- Free shipping quotes are available from Expert Shipping Services, Inc. Please contact Quotes@ess-ny.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Auctions at Showplace does not provide in-house shipping services.
- All items must be paid for within three (3) business days from the date of auction and ALL items must be removed within three (3) business days. Any item not removed or shipped within this time is subject to a storage fee of $25.00 per item per day, payable to an outside storage company. If an item is to be shipped, it is sent to our storage location after the first three (3) business days, unless other shipping arrangements have been made by the buyer. If other arrangements have been made, the buyer must contact our gallery within three (3) days of the auction date to arrange pick-up. If items are not removed within three (3) business days, they will be sent to storage. All storage fees and invoices must be paid in full to retrieve items sent to storage. Once an item is sent to storage, neither Auctions at Showplace Antiques nor Expert Shipping Services is liable for it. Declared value coverage goes into effect once pick up or shipping arrangements are made. You must contact Expert Shipping Services at 917-388-2723 to settle all storage fees and arrange for pick up or shipping. If picking up your items from storage, an appointment must be scheduled with Expert Shipping Services at least three days in advance. You may email all storage or shipping inquiries to Quotes@ess-ny.com or email@example.com.
If for any reason a purchased lot cannot be delivered/picked up in the condition it was in at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or lost prior to delivery/pick up, Auctions at Showplace Antiques shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser. However, we are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and Auctions at Showplace Antiques will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
- All items in this catalogue are offered by 25th Street Showplace Antique Center (also referred to Auctions at Showplace Antiques) as owner.
- Everything is sold AS IS and WHERE IS. While we do our best to describe the items properly, Auctions at Showplace Antiques, makes no guarantees or warranties to the accuracy of these descriptions. Likewise, while Auctions at Showplace Antiques presumes clear title on all merchandise, no guarantees or warranties are made. TIMEPIECE MOVEMENTS have not been tested; picture and mirror frames' condition is not guaranteed.
- Auctions at Showplace Antiques reserves the right to withdraw or combine any lots listed in the catalogue at its sole discretion. Auctions at Showplace Antiques and its auctioneers have final say in any dispute among bids or winning bidders. Auctions at Showplace Antiques records shall be conclusive in any dispute.
- The purchase price payable by Live Auctioneers buyers at auction shall be the final bid plus a 25% buyer's premium. All purchases are subject to NYC sales tax rate of 8.875% unless a valid resale certificate is presented. A resale tax form must be completed in full prior to time of purchase.
- Auctions at Showplace Antiques accepts the following methods of payment from domestic buyers: cash, wire transfer, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, paypal, and certified check; personal or business check are also accepted from domestic buyers, but merchandise will not be released until after personal and business checks clear. We will charge a $50 fee on all checks returned by the buyer?s bank. Domestic buyers wishing to pay via credit card must fill out and return a credit card authorization form, credit cards will NOT be accepted over the phone. Auctions at Showplace Antiques accepts the following methods of payment from international buyers: wire transfer, paypal.
- No merchandise shall be released prior to the end of the auction session. Auctions at Showplace Antiques reserves the right to hold merchandise until full payment has been received and cleared by our bank.
- Auctions at Showplace Antiques reserves the right to refuse a bid from a potential buyer who has not established themselves with management prior to the auction.
- Auctions at Showplace Antiques does not make any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to size, count, weight, style, authenticity, period material, or manufacturer copyright or reproduction right or any other warranty except as specified below on any lot sold. All measurements and weights are approximate. All glassware is sold as is; we cannot check every piece for chips. Auctions at Showplace Antiques is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings, and other works or art, or frames, regardless of cause. Auctions at Showplace Antiques will not guarantee the authenticity of any signature unless so stated at the time of auction. We will only guarantee the medium in which the particular work is executed. We are not responsible for typographical errors.
-?Gold-tone metal? refers to metal that is gold in tone, but not gold. ?Silver-tone metal? refers to metal that is silver in tone, but not silver.
- The catalog listings are meant as a descriptive guide only. Buyers are encouraged to use the preview to examine merchandise. Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement or a fact.
- Auctions at Showplace Antiques shall have no responsibility for any error or omission in the description. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. All items are sold strictly AS IS, WHERE IS and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Absolutely no returns will be accepted.
-If for any reason a purchased lot cannot be delivered/picked up in the condition it was in at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or lost prior to delivery/pick up, Auctions at Showplace Antiques shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser. However, we are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and Auctions at Showplace Antiques will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.