Preview on Sateday june/10, or available for preview at www.liveauctioneers.com
20% up to€20,000.00
18% up to€50,000.00
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of sale
1. Sales are conducted by auction according to Belgian law.
2. The international buyer is due to settle the payment of his/her purchase within 30 days after the last auction day. According to the Anti-Money Laundering Act (Art. 10.3), any total amount of higher than 3.000 can only be paid by (issued from a Spain bank), debit card, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or via bank transfer.
3. In-house Buyers Premium: 20%.
4. Goods are sold as is at the moment of the adjudication. Each potential buyer can at any time and if need be, make a request by mail for a CONDITION REPORT. regarding all items in which he/she is interested. Any request in that matter should reach the auctioneer at least 24 hours before the start of the auction session in which the item(s) shall be sold. After this deadline, no guarantee can be given that the request will be followed up.
5. The buyer is due to verify the condition of the good(s) by personal inspection. On request, every opportunity will be provided to the potential buyer to conduct additional expertise examination as long as the good(s) will not suffer damage. As a result, no complaint will be accepted after the adjudication. We only accept requests for condition reports no later than 48 hours before the start of the first sale day. All statements made by the auctioneer, be it in writing or in oral form, are not to be referred to as statements of fact. They are to be considered only as an opinion, given according to the best of the auctioneers knowledge and are for guidance only. Please bear in mind that photos may slightly differ from the actual items (in terms of colours ...) due to the lighting effects. Condition reports and high-resolution zoomable images are available on request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints related to the general condition of the goods can only be accepted by the auctioneer if the buyer presents, within a period of fifteen days after the receipt of the paid - items, a solidly based expertise drawn up by an authorized expert in the matter. Complaints concerning any defect that was included in an existing condition report made up by the auctioneer and requested by the buyer before purchasing, can in no way be accepted.
6. If a potential buyer causes damage to an item, he/she will be proceeded against. He/she is due to inform his/her insurance company and/or lawyer of the damage done. In this event the minimum estimate price will serve as a reference to the compensation for the seller. All buyers (floor bidders, absentee bids, telephone bids and online live bidders) will be informed of the accident.
7. After adjudication, the buyer is responsible for his/her purchase(s). Good(s) cannot be collected during the auction.
8. All buyers need to provide valid identification in order to be able to participate in the bidding. After completion of the identification process, the buyer receives a paddle number. Paddle numbers will only be granted after approval by the auctioneer. This clause applies: be it whether the buyer is physically present / be it by written bid / be it by telephone bid / be it by online bidding.The paddle number is valid for the duration of the auction as a whole. A potential buyer can obtain such a paddle number during the exhibition, right before the auction or during the auction itself.
9. Each person is assumed to buy on his/her own account. In default of payment, liability to another person will not be accepted. Personal data, unless they are subject to legal obligation are used by the auctioneer for internal applications only. Data will only be used external if need be, and if explicitly authorized by be it the buyer, be it the seller.
10. Any dispute occurred during the auction can only be resolved by the acting bailiff/notary. His/her decision is definite and irrevocable.
11. According to the international rules on copyright, the law obliges us to require an extra premium on the hammer price of original art works made by a living artist or within seventy years after his/her decease. This premium is not required on a hammer price lower than 2.000. Starting from 2.000, the amount is specified as follows:
20% up to €20,000.00
18% up to €50,000.00
15% above €50,000.00
The maximum amount of the extra premium should not exceed 12.500.
12. Dates for collection of purchase are clearly indicated in the catalogue and on the website. Goods must be collected no later than 15 days (applied to Spain buyers) / 30 days (applied to international buyers) after the last auction day. After this period, uncollected goods will be put in storage at the cost of the buyer. Regardless of the total amount of lots, a fixed storage fee