This collection will be available for preview all week.
Terms & Conditions
All buyers must be registered. Only registered buyers may purchase an item.
Form of Payment
All payments must be made by cash(In House Only), approved checks, or credit cards. All purchases include a 10% buyers premium. All internet Live Auctioneers and eBay Live Auctions purchases include a 15% buyers premium. Both floor bids of 10% and internet bids of 15%, are subject to a 4.167% Hawaii State tax. All items must be paid in full on the day of the sale. No purchases may be removed until paid in full.
The price estimates given have been drawn from previous auctions, collector sales and current going rates at the time of publication. However, it should be noted that these are purely estimates of the range of prices that items could bring. This shall give bidders an idea of what the bidding range is expected to be. There is no guarantee that prices will fall within this range. In some case, individual items may vary in price, due to the exceptional quality or rarity of the item.
Many items will have no reserve. For those that do, it is usually the case that without a reserve, the item would not be offered. Reserve prices will normally be reflected in the low estimated value.
Preview and Silent Auction
All auction items will be available for preview in the Galleria at the Blaisdell Center on Friday July 20, 2007 from 12:00 noon onwards and Saturday July 21, 2007 from 10:00 onwards. Live auction will be held at 5:00pm onward. The Hawaiian Islands Vintage Surf Auction will take place in the Pikake Room, adjacent to the Galleria. The preview in the Galleria is open to the public and will be on display to all whom attend the All Collectors Show 2007, which will be taking place in the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall adjacent to the Galleria and Pikake Room. Pre-registered bidders will receive free tickets to the All Collectors Show 2007. Bidders who sign up on the day of the auction will be required to purchase separate admittance tickets if you wish to attend the All Collectors Show 2007.
You must purchase a bidding number to bid on both silent auction items and to be a bidder for the Vintage Surf Auction. Only those who purchase a bidding number will be allowed admittance, along with a guest, to the Pikake Room for the main Vintage Surf Auction.
Proxy bids for Main & Silent Auction Items
For those unable to attend the auction in person, we will offer the opportunity to make "Proxy Bids" in advance. Proxy bids for the main and silent auction items will be offered starting July 10th with bids being entertained until July 20th at midnight. At that time, Proxy bidding for the main and silent auction items will close and will serve as set bids for the main and silent auction items. In such case, should on-site bidding not reach the Proxy bid, then the Proxy bid shall be deemed the high bid. Should on-site bidding exceed the Proxy bid, than the Proxy bid shall be deemed an insufficient bid.
Live Internet bidding via Live Auctioneers and eBay Live Auctions
For those of you who are unable to attend our auction in person, there are two ways to still be able to bid on auction items without actually being present. You can use the Proxy bid system or buyers may be able to bid in real time from around the world thru Live Auctioneers and eBay Live Auctions. This "On-Line Bidding" will be made available to all who can not attend in person. You will be able to watch the bidding on-line during the auction, and you can place bids using a well established eBay user "ID" and password. Please note that Live Auctioneers and eBay Live Auctions charge a convienience fee equal to 5% of the final bid price for purchases made on-line. This fee results in a 15% Buyers Premium for successful bids made thru Live Auctioneers and eBay Live Auctions . (Instead of our normal 10% Buyers Premium).
Bids that are submitted by an absentee bidder in advance, in writing or otherwise submitted before the auction for execution at or below a specified price will be executed as a courtesy for the absentee bidder. No warrantees shall be made for failure to execute such bids or for errors that may occur in the execution of such bids. Should a tie be lodged, the bidder in attendance will be deemed the successful bidder.
All sales are final upon announcement by Auctioneer as "sold" to the highest bid: the highest Bidder shall be the Purchaser and no Purchaser shall retract his bid. All sales are final. However, a registered buyer's bid (an offer) is not a sale when it is less than a minimum reserve on that item. In this case, the auctioneer will say "offer" at the close of the bidding process. The Bidder must contact the owner/ principals to find out if offer is accepted. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to insure his purchases immediately.
Terms of Sale
1. All purchases must be removed from the Auction Site the day of the auction and all costs, responsibility and risk of such removal shall be borne by Purchaser. If for any reason the Purchaser fails to remove any lot within the time specified, the lot shall be deemed abandoned, and the Auctioneer at his sole discretion may resell or remove and store the said lot at Purchaser's sole risk and expense. Purchaser shall be liable for any rent incurred or damages suffered by the Auctioneers become of Purchaser's failure to remove any lot.
2. There shall be no guarantee or warranties, expressed or implied. Each and every lot will be sold "as is, where is". The Bidder agrees that he has satisfied himself and is not relying on the Auctioneers, nor are Auctioneers liable.
3. Any dispute arising as to any bidding shall be settled by the Auctioneers at their sole discretion and the Auctioneer may, immediately, put the lot in dispute up again for sale. The Auctioneers reserves the right to refuse any bid which the consider to be an insignificant advance over the preceding bid.
4. The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any applicant for bidding card the privilege of bidding at this auction sale and to revoke such privilege at any time.
5. Purchaser acknowledges that prior to the auction all lots were available for inspection.
6. Auctioneers may, at any time, at the their sole discretion and without notice or liability to bidder:
(a) withdraw or cancel the sale of any lot, or
(b) offer any lots in groups or with privilege.
7. A purchaser is deemed to have accepted a lot when makes a bid.
8. Bidder acknowledges that an Auction Site is a potentially dangerous place. Flammable, noxious, corrosive and pressurized substances are present, heavy equipment is being operated and electrical circuits may be live. Every person at the Auction Site before, during and after the auction sale shall be deemed to be there at his own risk with notice of the condition of the premises, the activities on the premises and the conduct of third parties and the Bidder shall so advise his agents and employees. No person shall have any claim, demands or causes of action, whether at law or in equity, against the Auctioneers their agents, employees or principals for any injuries sustained nor for damages to loss of property which may occur from any cause what so ever.
9. These Terms of Sale may not be amended except by agreement in writing signed by the Auctioneers and the respective Purchaser.