Preview of all the items will be on Friday, August 3rd from 4:00pm to 8:00pm
15% up to$20,000.00
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
1. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and Patricia Doyle Associates below which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. A representative of Patricia Doyle Associates will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event, and whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
2. All property is sold "as is", and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, or description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
3. Except as provided in paragraph 1 above, the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot or reoffer the lot for sale.
4. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Patricia Doyle Associates may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of 2% of the purchase price of any lot or portion of a lot not removed by the purchaser within three (3) business days after the date of sale. Patricia Doyle Associates shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises for more than three (3) days after the date of sale. At the option of Patricia Doyle Associates , the merchandise may be transferred to and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Patricia Doyle Associates may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly interest charge of 2% of the purchase price of any lot or item not paid by the purchaser within thirty-five (30) days of the date of sale.
5. Patricia Doyle Associates accepts cash(In House Only) or check for payment. Personal checks will be acceptable only if credit has been established with Patricia Doyle Associates or if a bank authorization has been received guaranteeing a personal check. Patricia Doyle Associates reserves the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay Patricia Doyle Associates a handling charge of $25.00 for any check dishonored by the drawee. Please contact Accounting for additional payment methods. Patricia Doyle Associates does not accept payment by credit card for merchandise purchases.
6. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these Conditions of Sale, including its obligation to pay in full the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest successful bidder, Patricia Doyle Associates may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law including, without limitation, (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
7. In no event will the liability of Patricia Doyle Associates to any purchaser with respect to any item exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
8. Patricia Doyle Associates may, in its discretion and at a purchaser's request, package and ship items as directed by the purchaser. In such event, purchaser agrees that (a) all such packaging, handling and shipping is at the sole risk of the purchaser and that Patricia Doyle Associates shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and (b) purchaser shall pay in advance, all packaging expenses, including labor, materials and postage and carrier fees, and all insurance charges. Allow four to six weeks for shipping. Some property that is sold at auction can be subject to laws governing export from the U.S., such as items that include material from some endangered species. Import restrictions from foreign countries are subject to these same governing laws. Granting of licensing for import or export of goods from local authorities is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Denial or delay of licensing will not constitute cancellation or delay in payment for the total purchase price of these lots.
9. All purchases are subject to the Illinois 6.25% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a Illinois sales tax exemption number. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted in Illinois if presented with a business card or letterhead.
10. The buyers premium on property purchased on eBay Live Auctions will be in the amount equal to 15% of the final bid price up to and including $20,000, plus 10% of the final bid over $20,000.
11. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale whether bidding in person, through a representative, by phone, by Internet, or other absentee bid.