Viewing Days:- Wednesday the 20th and Thursday the 21st February - 9am until 5pm
Terms & Conditions
The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions) offers an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions):
1. authorise The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions), if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and
2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions) through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions) are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 4.95% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
Standard Terms & Conditions
1. The highest bidder to be the purchaser and if any dispute arises between the bidders, such dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneer, or the lot offered again and resold.
2. The bidding to be regulated at the discretion of the Auctioneer who reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and, in the case of lots upon which there is a reserve, the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the seller.
3. Each lot will immediately on the fall of the hammer be and remain in every respect at the risk of the purchaser.
4a. Each lot is sold by the vendor thereof with all faults and defects and with all errors of description. No refund will be given.
4b. The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions) act as agents only and neither they nor the seller are responsible for any faults or defects in any lot or the correctness of any statement as to the authorship, or condition of any lot.
4c. All statements in the catalogues, advertisements or brochures of forthcoming sales as to any of the matters specified in (b) above are statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon as statements of representation of fact. The intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all of the matters specified in (b) above as to the physical description of any lot and as to whether any lot has been repaired.
4d. The seller and the The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions) do not make or give, nor has any person in the employ of theThe Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions) any authority to make or give any representation or warranty.
4e. In the event neither the vendor nor the The Auction House of Bridport (aka Bridport Auctions) are responsible for any representation, or warranty, or for any statement in the catalogues, advertisements or brochures of forthcoming sales.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw, consolidate or alter the order or any lots at their discretion.
6. The Auctioneer reserves the right of absolute discretion in all disputes between bidders.
7. New Purchasers to give their names, telephone numbers and addresses.
8. All lots purchased by any one person will be deemed and taken as being in one contract.
9. Any person purchasing and failing to comply with the conditions, the money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited to the Vendor. All lots uncleared, may, either with or without notice, be re-sold by Auction or Private Contract, at the opinion of the Auctioneer, and all loss or expense shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale.
10. Any damage caused to the premises by the removal of goods shall be paid for by the purchaser.
11. All lots to be paid and removed within 5 working days
12. Prior notice of payment by cheque (if over the usual cheque cards limit) to be given to the Auctioneers for verification.
ALL CATALOGUES ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
It is the Purchaser's obligation to certify the authenticity and condition of any item in the sale