Jean Marc Gallery live and online auctions
Buyers terms & conditions
Buyers must accept the following terms & conditions to participate in Jean Marc Gallery live and online auctions.
Buyers acknowledge that by accepting these terms & conditions, they are opting in to receive emails and notifications about this and future sales.
Buyers acknowledge that by placing a bid during a Jean Marc Gallery auction, that such bid constitutes acceptance of the following terms:
1. All properties sold AS IS and WITHOUT GUARANTEE. All sales are final, no returns. The items we sell are antique and have wear and are in the original estate condition. Buyers are not buying a new item.
2. It is the responsibility of potential bidders to carefully inspect each lot to determine condition and contents. Bidder acknowledges that all lots were accessible for on hand inspection prior to the auction and that he or she relied on their own inspection of the lots as well as information listed in the catalog or otherwise provided by auctioneer, the auction staff or seller. All other guarantees of authenticity of authorship, expressed or implied, are hereby disclaimed.
Condition reports are available on request. Please note that any condition statement, given as a courtesy to our clients, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Jean Marc Gallery shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear or tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging.
We can provide more detailed photos and information on most lots, up to 48 hours before the auction starts.
3. A 20% buyer's premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot
4. For California, buyers tax of 7.5-9% will be collected unless we have a copy of purchaser's resale certificate. California sales tax does not apply to out of state and overseas buyers.
5. It is the full responsibility of the winning bidder to arrange and pay for all pick-up, packing, and shipping services related to the transport of lots purchased. Any such services provided or arranged by us are the buyer's sole risk and expense; we assume no responsibility for any errors of omission in connection with such service providers.
6. All property purchased from Jean Marc Gallery must be removed within 14 business days of the sale date.
Jean Marc Gallery will not be responsible for paid items left for over 14 days after the auction date. (unless a prior agreement has been made)
Items left after 14 days will incur a $10/day storage fee. Once storage fees have exceeded the actual purchase price of the item(s) Jean Marc Gallery can exercise the right to re-auction these item(s).
7. Payments are due within 72 hours of close of auction. You will receive detailed invoice with all your purchases within 24 hours following the auction. Please do not make payment until invoice is received.
Jean Marc Gallery accepts Paypal, Mastercard, Visa), personal and business checks and bank wire transfer (fee may apply for international transfers).
8. Withdrawal prior to sale: Jean Marc Gallery reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
9. Place a bid only if you're serious about buying the item. If you are the successful and winning bidder, you have entered into a legally binding contract to purchase the property bid on from the seller. You should contact the seller to resolve any questions before bidding.