Viewing Friday from 12pm online at www.liveauctioneers.com or our website. In person from Friday 12-7pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-6pm and Monday 10am onwards
22% up to£100,000.00
Terms & Conditions
Criterion Auction Rooms Ltd
Conditions of sale for buyers
In these conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
"The Auctioneer" Means CRITERION AUCTION ROOMS LTD.
"Hammer Price" The price at which a lot is sold to the Buyer.
"Buyer" The highest bidder for any lot acceptable to the Auctioneer.
"Seller" The person on whose behalf goods are offered for sale by the auction.
1) The highest bidder acceptable to the Auctioneer shall be the Buyer. The Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle any disputes which should arise and to refuse bids or to advance the bidding as seen fit.
2) When the lot is sold the Buyer shall pay the Auctioneer in full the Hammer Price (plus VAT if payable), together with a premium of 22% (+ VAT at 17.5% of commission net 25.85% of hammer price ) of the Hammer Price within two working days of the sale.
3) Buyers shall provide the Auctioneer with names and addresses and if requested bank and other references.
4) Where a lot is marked by an asterisk (*), VAT is payable on the Hammer Price at the standard rate.
5) The ownership of a lot shall not pass to the Buyer and the Buyer shall not be entitled to remove any lot until he has made full payment to the Auctioneer of the total amount due. Payment shall be deemed to be made only after the Auctioneer has received cash or sterling bankers draft or the Buyer's cheque has been cleared.
6) All lots must be removed at the Buyer's risk and expense within 3 days of sale after which time furniture and other large items will be removed into storage.
7) Should a Buyer breach either of conditions 2 and 6 the Auctioneer may, at his absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other rights he may have, exercise any of the following rights:
rescind the sale or any lots sold to the buyer;
re-sell all or any lots by public auction or private treaty and any deficiencies in the purchase price resulting from such sale together with full costs incurred in connection with the lot or lots shall be paid to the Auctioneer by the Buyer;
remove, store and insure (on any premises) the lot or lots at the expense of the Buyer;
reject any bids made by or on behalf of the Buyer at any future auction, or obtain part payment before accepting any future bids;
apply any proceeds of sale then or at any time thereafter becoming due to the Buyer toward settlement of the total amount due and exercise a lien on the property of the Buyers which is in the Auctioneer's possession for any purpose.
Items sold are normally of some age and are sold with any faults, imperfections and errors of description.
The Auctioneer does not accept responsibility for the authenticity, attribution, origin, date, age, authorship or estimated price of any lot and any representation or settlement by the Auctioneer in any catalogue, brochure or advertisement is a statement of opinion only. Every person interested should rely on his own judgment as to such matters and neither the Auctioneer nor his employees or agents accept any responsibility for the correctness of such opinion. No warranty whatsoever is given by the Auctioneer or the Seller in respect of any lot and any warranties or conditions, whether express or implied by statute common law or otherwise, are hereby excluded.
9) The Auctioneers will, on the Buyer's written instruction, execute bids on their behalf, but neither the Auctioneer nor his employees nor his agents shall be liable for any neglect in so doing or failing to do so.
10) For all shipping queries please ring the Criterion Auctioneers.
11)Payment is accepted in cash, cheques supported by a banker's card, Visa, Mastercard and bank drafts. Please note : There is a surcharge of 2% on credit cards and 90p on debit cards.