Conditions of Sale
STATEMENTS MADE DAY OF SALE TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ALL PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN MATERIAL. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS WITH OUT ANY GUARANTEE. All trays and displays are property of the auction company and are not included in the lot unless otherwise noted. All weights and sizes are approximate. Local bidding on furniture is encouraged as shipping of large items is costly and is to be arranged for by the buyer. The auction company does not ship large items.
Terms of Sale
1. Title of each lot passes to the high bidder when the lot is "struck down." Thereafter, any loss is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Items are packed and transported by the purchaser at his own risk and expense. If any employee or agent of Smith Auction Co. shall pack or transport the items, it is fully at the risk and responsibility of the purchaser. Smith Auction Co. is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by said employee or agent.
2. Smith Auction Co. reserves the right to withdraw any property before the auction.
3. All bids are per lot, as numbered in the catalogue, unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer.
4. Any action, claim, complaint, expense, judgment, liability, loss, obligation, penalty, and suit of every kind will exclusively construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim or controversy between the parties is Pennsylvania's.
5. ONLINE BIDDING: Bidders are approved for online bidding based on their previous records and information provided by Auction Zip and Artfact. Credit card payment information must be entered before approval. Approval is solely at the discretion of Smith Auction Co. We are not aware of the online bids in advance, but only during the time of the auction as they are forwarded to our computer. Smith Auction Co. will not be responsible for any omissions, errors or slow communications related to online bidding. In the event of a tie bid between a floor bidder and an online bidder, the floor bidder will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision in this matter is final.
All successful online bidders will pay a 18% buyers premium.
PA Sales Tax of 6% will be charged unless a valid PA Tax Exemption form is provided prior to bidding or unless the item(s) are shipped out of state.
All items are sold AS IS WHERE IS with NO GUARANTEE. The seller and auction company do no warrant the authenticity or condition of any items. Descriptive references contained in any document or used by any person in describing the items being sold are used for convenience only. ALL SALES FINAL! NO REFUNDS! NO RETURNS!
We offer "in house" shipping and shipping charges will be added to each invoice. We ship via USPS or FedEx, and do our best to keep shipping charges as reasonable as possible. Please call or email for a shipping quote.
**Please note: Larger and/or fragile items may require shipping and packaging by a third-party shipper, and these items will have that noted in their description.
Payment is due within 10 days after the close of the auction. We accept Personal Checks, Cashier's Checks, Money Orders, PayPal, WePay, and Credit Card via Phone.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.