Preview from May 1 to May 22 in our gallery by appointment or available for preview at www.liveauctioneers.com
Terms & Conditions
Due to the corona virus, our sale will not take place in our typical auction room but one can still participate by phone, written bids and/or by placing live bids online via the Liveauctioneers website. It is possible to view our items before the auction during our exhibition in our gallery until the 22nd of May (Uus-Tatari 23, Tallinn, Estonia) but this will done by appointment only. Please contact us if you should be interested in viewing the items.
Terms & Conditions
1. Vernissage kunst & raam (Radeks Trade OÜ), hereinafter referred to as “Auctioneer” organizes auctions whose terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Estonia.
2. All bidders shall present satisfying information and documentation prior to the approval of this auction. Bidders will have to submit a signed registration form no later than 48 hours before the auction, together with a document of identification. The registration form will be provided by the Auctioneer upon request. The Auctioneer may ask for a recent bank reference, valid credit cards or other references for the admission to the auction. The registration form must specify the work of art, along with its catalogue number and catalogue description. In case of doubt, the catalogue number is decisive; the bidder shall bear the consequences of any uncertainties. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid, in particular where the bidder is not known to the Auctioneer, where no security has been given prior to the auction. Phone bidders automatically agree to bid at the starting price of the item of interest. In the case of a disputed bid, the Auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot or reoffer the lot for sale. The Auctioneer reserves the right to combine, separate, offer out of sequence or withdraw numbered lots during an auction. In the case of identical absentee bids, the bid received first will prevail.
3. This auction contains items with "no reserve" pricing. All items in the auction can be purchased at their starting prices.
4. The items that are up for auction are, without exception, used items and sold “as is”. However, all of our items have been inspected by Mai Levin who is the most recognised art expert in Estonia. Prospective buyers are urged to inspect those items in which they have an interest. The auctioneer does not make reference to the condition of items within descriptions. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the item is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, restorations or the effects of aging. The Auctioneer will provide additional information regarding the condition of items on request. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. The Auctioneer shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any kind, express or implied. Your bid will signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire, or that you have chosen not to examine the item. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS, RETURNS, EXCHANGES, OR REFUSALS.
5. The Auctioneer may at any time add or remove an item from the auction and/or update the details concerning an item. Most of the descriptions about the items are made in the Estonian language. The Estonian language is the primary language to be used in case of any disputes, misunderstandings or any possible misinterpretations regarding the item description. The buyer is more than welcome to contact the Auctioneer should they have any questions or need more information regarding the item descriptions.
6. A premium of 7% will be added to the hammer price.
7. All items purchased are payable directly to the Auctioneer and must be paid for upon receipt of the invoice. Complete payment will be done by the Buyer no later than 7 days after an invoice has been received. Payment of the total amount due must be made in Euros via bank transfer or paypal. All transfer fees (including bank charges) are to be borne by the buyer. This also includes paypal and any extra fees will be added for payments with paypal. Invoice must be paid in full. The Auctioneer reserves the right to hold the items purchased until the funds have cleared.
Delay in making payment shall oblige the winning buyer to pay interest at the rate of 5% per month, without derogating from any right and/or relief available to the Auctioneer against the winning buyer because of delay in payment, which shall be regarded as material breach of the winning buyer's obligations. In the event the winning buyer has not yet fulfilled his obligations entirely within 14 days from the day of the auction, the Auctioneer shall be entitled to sell the item to another buyer, without derogating from any relief and/or right available to the Auctioneer due to the damage caused by the breach of the buyer's obligations.
8. The Auctioneer reserves the right to hold items purchased until the purchaser has paid their invoices in full and all funds have cleared. The Auctioneer shall under no circumstances be liable for any loss of or damage to items that have not been collected or not handed over due to non-payment. After full payment, the items must be removed from the Auctioneer’s premises within 30 days of the auction date, and in no event shall the Auctioneer have any liability for any damage to the property left on its premises for more than thirty days after the sale. If any property has not been removed within 30 days from the date of sale, at the option of Auctioneer (a) the merchandise will be stored at the Auctioneer’s premises at a storage fee of 5 EURO per day, per item. (b) the merchandise may be transferred to and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses, and/or (c) the Auctioneer may place the merchandise in a subsequent auction, without reserve and at a significantly lower starting price, to be sold to the highest bidder, and after deducting the standard commission and any additional charges that may apply, remit the proceeds to the purchaser.
9. The Auctioneer may, in its discretion and at purchaser's request, package and arrange for delivery as directed by the purchaser. In such event, purchaser agrees that (a) all such packaging, handling and delivery is at the sole risk of the purchaser and that the Auctioneer shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and (b) purchaser shall pay in advance, all packaging expenses, including labor, materials, carrier's fees and all insurance charges. The Auctioneer WILL NOT CANCEL SALE DUE TO SHIPPING.
10. Items that are dated 1945 or older will require a special export permit from the Estonian National Heritage Board. In some instances, the Estonian National Heritage Board may refuse to grant an export permit if the item is considered to be an item of significant cultural heritage. THE AUCTIONEER IS NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF A PERMIT IS DENIED FOR AN ITEM AND THIS DOESN´T EXCLUDE THE BUYER FROM FULFILLING THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION. THE ITEM WILL BE FIRST PAID IN FULL BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE PERMIT. In addition, the permit costs 30 EURO and will be paid by the buyer. No sale shall be cancelled or refunded for lack of purchaser's noncompliance with permitting and licensing issues.
11. All sales are final and no refunds will be granted.
12. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms printed within, posted, and announced at the time of sale.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.