1. All bidding is made in US$ and a Buyer's Premium of 20% will be added to the purchase price in order to determine the amount to be paid on the auction item.
2. The total sales price will include the hammer price; the buyer's premium; any applicable taxes due; the shipping/packing/insurance.
3. Online bidding is done only by registering in advance. Vendome Art Group will not be held responsible for errors or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids may be made prior to the auction through LiveAuctioneers.com
4. Absentee and Phone bidding may also be placed directly with Vendome Art Group. Those who wish to make a phone bid during the live auction must register at least 24 hours in advance.
5. Shipping and packing will vary with each specific lot and lots can be combined for the best shipping rates. Minimum packing and shipping charges to the US and Canada are $50 for unframed items that can be placed in a tube. Flat shipping and framed works are determined by size and weight and will be shipped by a 3rd party shipper. Estimates only will be given prior to the auction by phone if needed.
6. The Buyer shall communicate with Vendome Art Group within 3 days of completion of the auction. Payment for purchases shall be made upon receipt of notification of a successful bid and shall be due no later than 10 days after the auction date. Title shall only pass to the buyer once payment has been made in full. All shipping/packing/insurance charges are to be to the account of the purchaser. All bidders shall be responsible for any taxes (VAT) that may be imposed upon importing.
7. We require payment by wire transfers or bank checks from purchasers in US or Canada. Major Credit Card payments from the US and Canada are also accepted with a 3% surcharge. ALL bidders outside of the US and Canada must make payment by wire transfer only.
8. The highest bid shall be considered the winning bidder; if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer shall determine the winning bidder.
9. Questions regarding any lot in the auction may be made prior to the auction date by email or by calling our toll free number 1-800-805-9665
10. Vendome Art Group reserves the right to withdraw any lot before the sale and will assume no liability for such withdrawal.
11. All items in the auction are sold as described and all sales are final. Prospective bidders may inspect the property. No statement of condition, genuineness, attribution, provenance, authenticity, value or quality shall be construed to be an expressed or implied warranty, representation or assumption of liability by Vendome Art Group. If an item is materially different from the description of the lot, the buyer shall have 48 hours from the date of receipt of the property to notify the seller; after which the item(s) will be considered "as is" without recourse. Lots with a hammer price of $200 or less are not returnable for any reason.
12. If any item is returned for any reason, the purchaser shall not be entitled to any remedy, relief or damages beyond the refund of the original purchase price and shall not be entitled to damages of any kind. If Vendome Art Group is prevented for any reason from delivering any property to the purchaser, our liability shall be limited only to the amount actually paid by the purchaser.
13. This is the entire terms and conditions relating to the auction by Vendome Art Group and may be amended from time to time as necessary and posted on the Live Auctioneers.com site. Any dispute of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.