EasterArt Auction House Terms and Conditions
All properties offered and sold through EasterArt Auction House shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions set forth below. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by absentee bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. All buyers are strongly advised to inspect all items before auction as all items are sold AS IS. Although Auctioneer makes every effort to express accurate descriptions and commentary given to Buyers online, in Auctioneer's catalogue, marketing material or verbal interactions, Auctioneer makes no guarantee or warranty of any kind with respect to the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, medium and materials, age, authenticity, provenance, culture, source, or historic significance of any goods. Employees, consignors, or any other representative of China Arts are not authorized to provide written or verbal guarantees. Buyers must depend on their own review of the merchandise. All merchandise is sold AS IS, WHERE IS, regardless of condition, or additional review of merchandise gained after the sale.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. ALL PROPERTIES SOLD AS IS. NO RETURNS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Buyers registering for phone or absentee bids must do so before 6 p.m. the day prior to the auction. All phone or absentee bids must be submitted in writing a signed agreement of the terms by Buyer via fax, email, or online submission to Auctioneer to be accepted. Auctioneer will not be held responsible if unable to reach buyers wishing to bid by phone. Auctioneer shall not be held responsible or liable for absentee or phone bids that are missed or otherwise not executed. Cancellation of any phone or absentee bids must be submitted in writing and executed at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the start of the auction. Submission in writing via fax(626)623-9965 , or email to Best20207799@outlook.comwill be the only guarantee methods of cancellation acceptance.We recommend Internet bidders register at least 48 hours prior to an auction to give enough time to process and approve their registration.
a. Individual clients must provide photo identification (such as Driver's license, National ID Card, or passport) and if not shown on the ID document, proof of your current address.
b. Corporate clients must present a Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent documents verifying identity.
Returning Bidders may be asked for current identifications. The bidding process will be explained to bidders prior to an auction. All bidders shall obtain a bidding number prior to the start of the auction. All bidders shall keep the number under his/her safe custody. The number shall not be lent to any other person(s). Otherwise, he/she shall bear all the responsibilities associated with the use of his/her number for bidding or any other use. If there are any questions, please contact us at (626)623-9965 .
3. Though all description and commentary are believed to be correct, neither the auctioneer or the consignor makes any guarantee of the authenticity of the merchandise. Any descriptions, condition reports, and any other statements are our opinions and are not to be relied upon as facts. No employees are authorized to make any warranties of any kind on behalf of EasterArt Auction House. Potential buyers must rely only on their own inspection of the merchandise. EasterArt Auction House offers free previews and high resolution photos for potential buyers to review and make their own conclusions about the piece.All items sold as is, no returns.
4. All telephone and left bid buyers must provide a credit card to secure a bidding number. Once the bidder wins the item being auctioned, he/she will receive an invoice by email within 24-48 hours with instructions regarding payment and shipment of the item. EasterArt Auction House reserves the right to require up to 20% deposit from telephone and left bidders bidding on items valued in excess of $10,000.
5.Auctioneer and its employees shall not be held liable for any damages or injury to person or property sustained as a result from handling merchandise including, but not limited to lifting, moving, loading, or packaging of merchandise before or after the sale. Buyer is responsible for the packing, loading and removal of all merchandise.
6. All items are sold to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer. The auctioneer is the arbiter of any disputed bid. He may reopen bidding at his discretion and reject bids deemed inappropriate. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to reoffer the item at another time. Every effort is made by the auctioneer to execute all bids, including floor, absentee, telephone and internet bids. We are not responsible for any missed bids. EasterArt Auction House reserves the right to cancel any sale or bid before, during, and after the auction.
7.Bidders bid at all times represents an irrevocable offer by bidder to enter into a binding contract to purchase the lot in accordance with the specific provisions of the listing and these general terms and conditions as applicable, even if a higher bid was received by the Auction house. In the event that any reserve price of a lot is not exceeded by any bidders bid, the Auction house in its sole discretion with or without the knowledge of or notice to any bidder, may reduce any reserve price to an amount below the bid of bidder at any time during an auction and accept the bid made by bidder. Reserve prices are always the confidential information of the Auction house and are not disclosed to bidders unless specifically stated as such during bidding. Nothing contained in any listing shall be construed to disclose any reserve price. In the placing of any bid the bidder understands and agrees that the bid once accepted by the Auction house will be the winning bid if there is no higher bid by another bidder and if any reserve or reduced reserve is exceeded by the bid. All bids are binding, irrevocable and non-cancellable by bidder. The Auction house has final discretion on sale of a lot. The decision of the Auction house is final. In the unlikely event that we lose our internet connection or items have inappropriate data due to technical errors in the system such as images mismatched or not available, items with incorrect information, price or certificate, the Auction house reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel the remainder of the auction and/or rescind all winning bids.
8.Liquidated damages: In the event that you bid and are deemed the winner of any item by the auction house but fail to make payment in accordance with the invoice, or claim a dispute with any third party payment intermediary, such as a credit card auction house you will be assessed a charge of 15% of the hammer price as liquidated damages. By bidding on any such lot you hereby agree to the payment of such liquidated damages as a result of the irrparable harm that will be sustained by the auction house. Additionally, in the event that a winning bidder fails to make any payments under these terms and conditions including the liquated damages described herein, we reserve the right to report such nonpayment to creditor and colletion agencies in our sole discretion.
9.Prospective bidders: The Auction house, and consignors, reserve the right to bid on any lots. Unless specifically stated otherwise, all lots are subject to reserve price that shall be hidden from bidders. The Auction house shall act to protect the reserve by bidding in the auction process if need. The Auction house may open bidding on any lot below the reserve by placing its own bid. The Auction house may continue to bid on behalf of itself up to the amount of the reserve, either by placing consecutive bids or by placing bids in response to other bidders.
10.All shipping and handling will be done by the Auction house and third party licensed shippers. Charges will be included in your invoice. Once paid, the auction house will usually ship so that the purchaser will receive the items within 12-30 business days. Note: you may not combine purchases to avoid shipping and handling charges. Shipping and handling charges are subject to change from time to time based upon the then current rates and charges in the industry.
11.The terms and conditions, the contents of any listing and the contractual relationship between the Auction house and the bidder shall be interpreted under and governed by the laws of the State of California. Under the terms of this agreement, you, the bidder, have acknowledged that there are no refunds or exchanges. In the event that you request and are granted by the auction house a return or refund, you agree that you are still responsible for paying the 15% restocking fee based upon the hammer price of each item that is being returned, less applicable taxes, plus the entire buyers premium, as applicable, for each item as well as all of the shipping and handling charges.accordingly, the restocking fee, buyers premium and any shippping and handling costs are never eligible for a return, refund or credit. In the event you refuse payment for a winning bid you will be subject to a 15% liquidated damage charge of the hammer price as more fully described in section 9 herein. Shipping and handling will be handled by the auction house, except for merchandise which will require pick up from a specific location of sale or other arrangement due to item valuation, or otherwise appropriate for safety or convenience reasons.
12.If an item needs to be returned the bidder has to provide the auction house with written notice within 7 days from receipt of the item. Until the item is proven to be non-conforming to the description at the time of the auction. The auction house has the sole discretion to approval any return. Any permitted returns must be received by the auction house in the exact same condition as when shipped to the buyer. There are no returns on shipping charges or premiums paid. All non-conforming or unauthorized returns will be rejected.
13.For all sales across any platform, the Auction house has full and complete discretion to cancel a sale for any issue whatsoever. For all products, we conduct a thorough final quality check right before shipping products to the buyer. If in the course of the final quality check, the product does not meet our quality standards, we will cancel the sale and issue the buyer a refund.
If you have not contacted Eastern Art Auction House to arrange payment within 3 days of the time that invoice is sent, we will charge the credit card you used to register for the auction for the amount of your invoice.