Terms and Conditions
By registering to bid in an auction conducted by LANGLEY SCOTT bidders agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. ESTIMATES: Pre-sale estimates are intended to be guides and may or may not reflect the actual selling price of a lot. LANGLEY SCOTT reserves the right to change estimates on any lot at any time.
2. TERMS OF SALE: The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before its final sale and to reject any bid for any reason. The highest bidder for each lot, acknowledged by the auctioneer, shall be the "buyer". Any dispute that may arise as to bidding, or between two or more bidders, will be settled by the auctioneer and the auctioneer's decision will be final.
3. BUYER'S PREMIUM: Buyers shall pay the final bid price of the lot, plus a buyer's premium for that lot equal to 15% of the final bid price. Buyers purchasing via internet will incurr an 18% Buyers Premium.
4. BEFORE THE AUCTION: All lots are available for inspection prior to the auction. We strongly urge you to make your own inspections. Responsibility rests entirely with the buyer to assess the condition of any and all lots sold by LANGLEY SCOTT. Any and all lots are sold "As Is, Where Is".
*Our lot descriptions are based on current and reasonably available information; it is the responsibility of the buyer to satisfy himself as to its accuracy.
5. RESERVES: Lots may be auctioned with reserve, and the auctioneer may bid on behalf of the Consignor or Seller without further notice. The reserve is confidential, but does not exceed the low pre-sale estimate.
7. INTERNET/ABSENTEE/PHONE BIDDING: Internet bidding may be available for certain auctions. There may be additional terms and conditions that apply to internet/absentee/phone. LANGLEY SCOTT is not responsible for failure to execute any bid for any reason.
9. BIDDING INCREMENTS: LANGLEY SCOTT reserves the right to change bid increments at any time prior to or during the auction.
10. BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY: Upon the fall of the hammer, the buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for that lot, including liability for loss or damage. LANGLEY SCOTT assumes no liability for any damage or loss, consequential or otherwise, to any property that has not been removed. Any and all moving and/or storage fees will be the responsibility of the buyer.
11. PURCHASE AND PAYMENT: The purchase price for each lot shall equal the final bid price, buyer's premium, and any and all applicable State and Local sales taxes 8.25% (Houston). Payment may be made in the form of; cash, check (on approval), money order, cashiers check, Discover Card, MasterCard, or Visa. Any and all charges incurred by the buyer will be immediately billed to the credit card on file with LANGLEY SCOTT. Buyers must pay the full purchase price at the time of sale. No property will be released by LANGLEY SCOTT until payment in full has been received.
12. SALES TAX: Buyers are required to pay any and all applicable state and local sales taxes. Tax exempt individuals, businesses, and organizations must present a valid tax exemption certificate at the time of purchase.
Local Taxes Apply
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.