By registering to bid in an auction conducted by LANGLEY SCOTT bidders agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. ESTIMATES: Presale estimates are intended to be guides and may or may not reflect the actual selling price of a lot. LANGLEY SCOTT reserves the right to change estimates on any lot at any time.
2. TERMS OF SALE: The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before its final sale and to reject any bid for any reason. The highest bidder for each lot, acknowledged by the auctioneer, shall be the ?buyer?. Any dispute that may arise as to bidding, or between two or more bidders, will be settled by the auctioneer and the auctioneer?s decision will be final.
3. BUYER?S PREMIUM: Buyers shall pay the final bid price of the lot, plus a buyer?s premium for that lot equal to 20% of the final bid price.
4. BEFORE THE AUCTION: All lots are available for inspection prior to the auction. We strongly urge you to make your own inspections. Responsibility rests with the buyer to assess the condition of any and all lots sold by LANGLEY SCOTT. Our lot descriptions are based on current and reasonably available information, it is the responsibility of the buyer to satisfy himself as to its accuracy.
5. All property is sold ?AS IS? and we and our Consignors make no guarantees, warranties or representations, expressed or implied, with respect to the property or the correctness of the catalog or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature or historical relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warranty or representation. We strongly suggest that prior to bidding, the buyer avail himself of his own expert, appraiser, or authenticator and rely solely on his own advice or judgement. Defects are not necessarily noted in the catalog.
6. There are no certificates of authenticity on any item except as expressly detailed in the lot description.
7. RESERVES: Lots may be auctioned with reserve, and the auctioneer may bid on behalf of the reserve without further notice. The reserve is confidential, but does not exceed the low pre-sale estimate.
8. INTERNET/ABSENTEE/PHONE BIDDING: LANGLEY SCOTT is not responsible for failure to execute any bid for any reason.
9. BIDDING INCREMENTS: LANGLEY SCOTT reserves the right to change bid increments at any time prior to or during the auction.
10. BUYER?S RESPONSIBILITY: Upon the fall of the hammer, the buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for that lot, including liability for loss or damage. LANGLEY SCOTT assumes no liability for any damage or loss, consequential or otherwise, to any property that has not been removed. Any and all moving and/or storage fees will be the responsibility of the buyer.
11. PURCHASE AND PAYMENT: The purchase price for each lot shall equal the final bid price, buyer?s premium, and any and all applicable sales taxes 8.25%(Texas). Payment may be made in the form of; cash, check (on approval), money order, cashiers check, Discover Card, MasterCard, or Visa. Any and all charges incurred by the buyer will be immediately billed to the credit card on file with LANGLEY SCOTT. Buyers must pay the full purchase price at the time of sale. No property will be released by LANGLEY SCOTT until payment in full has been received. *If payment is not received within 3 business days from the sale, the purchase will be forfeited.
12. SALES TAX: Buyers are required to pay any and all applicable state and local sales taxes. Tax exempt individuals, businesses, and organizations must present a valid tax exemption certificate at the time of purchase.
13. SHIPPING: It is the responsibility of the buyer to remove purchased property at his or her expense no later than 4 days after the auction. We do not make shipping arrangements. At the buyers request we will provide the name and telephone number of a packing and shipping service in our area. LANGLEY SCOTT is not liable for any loss, damage, omission, or delay by any packing, shipping, or transport, company or individual.
14. If an article cannot be delivered by reason of theft, breakage, or other damage prior to delivering possession to the purchaser the sale shall be deemed cancelled without any liability on the part of Langley Scott.
Complaints or compliments should be directed to: Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations, P.O. Box 12157 Capital Station Austin, TX 78711. 1-800-803-9202. Covered by the Recovery Fund