Please read all of this before you bid. This auction is on line only. Preview of items is by appointment only. Please call 203-470-4405 to schedule your appointment.
1. Buyers premium is 18.5%. If you are picking up your items at our auction house or having it shipped to Connecticut you need to add CT. State Sales Tax of 6.35%. All items must be paid for within 3 days of the sale. Legal action will be taken against any non paying bidder.
2. All items are sold "as is," and "where is". It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to inspect items before buying them. Though all description and commentary are believed to be correct, neither Auctioneer nor Consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind with respect to merchandise with the exception of the catalog description which shall be honored with respect to age and origin and only to the extent that any such errors in the catalog description materially affect the value of such item. Any disputes must be brought to the attention of the auctioneer within 48 hours of receipt of merchandise via certified mail. Condition reports are made to the best of our ability, but are not guaranteed. Buyer shall not rely on the Auctioneer, employees, or advertisements in any part, and must rely only on the catalog description and his own inspection and opinions of all items. No employee is authorized to make any warranties, expressed or implied, on behalf of New England Auction Company, Inc. .
3. The Auctioneer is acting as agent only and is not responsible for acts of its principals. If any dispute arises, the Auctioneer's word is final.
4. Where the Consignor is indebted to or has a monetary guarantee from New England Auction Company, Inc. and in certain other instances, Auctioneer may have an interest in the offered lots and the proceeds there from other than its commissions, and may bid therefore to protect its own interests. Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lots from the sale or cancel a sale at the Auctioneer's discretion. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid or eject any person from the premises.
5. Loading is sole the responsibility of the buyer. Due to insurance requirements we are not allowed to assist with loading objects that are not placed 100% inside the car. We can not provide tie down materials of any sort so please bring them with you!
6. Absentee bids are accepted& phone bids are accepted. New England Auction Company, Inc. shall not be held responsible or liable for bids that are missed or otherwise not executed. Bidders not present are required to register for phone/absentee bidding no later than 3pm the day prior to the auction. Phone bidders will be called from the auction house. No incoming calls are taken for phone bids or condition reports the day of auction. As each item is sold the phone bidder's agent will announce the bid price. Failure to immediately object constitutes acknowledgment of the purchase at the announced price. Phone bidders should confirm the hammer price after any successful bid.
7. Removal shall be at the expense, liability and risk of the purchaser and within 7 days. All arrangements for removal must be during our "special post auction" business hours. We can suggest names and phone numbers of appropriate firms to assist with delivery. After 7 days, items shall be deemed abandoned. Auctioneer shall apply any deposit or payment to loss, damages, and expenses incurred in the storage and resale of goods not paid for in full or removed in the time specified and shall retain any balance as liquidated damages. All items sold AS IS, WHERE IS. ALL SALES FINAL.
8. SHIPPING-PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
Our in house shipping specialist can assist you with the shipping of all items valued under $1000 except furniture and large works of art, antiquities and those noted in the auction descriptions. For works of art valued of $1000 buyer must arrange outside shipping. We will be happy to suppply you with the names of shippers.
We make shipping easy for you! All items (except those listed above) are packed at our location and shipped out to you in as little as 7 days from date of payment with the following charges payable at the time of payment:
Packing is $20 per ITEM.
Shipping Supplies Range from $4 to $20 for art*
IMPORTANT: WE ONLY SHIP VIA FEDEX for items valued under $1,000. For items valued over $1000 buyer must arrange shipping. At the time of payment your credit card will be recorded on a FEDEX shipping form and your charge card will be charged by FEDEX for shipping and insurance. We ship 3 day FEDEX only.
9. For higher priced items bidding may only be made via phone.
10. The results posted on Live Auctioneers may not always be correct. If you want to be sure you win an item please phone bid. All phone bidders will be required to register on Live Auctioneers prior to bidding.
11. We reserve the right to reject any internet bid that is not received by us prior to our announcing the item has been "sold" on the auction floor. Internet bids may show up after an item has been sold. We consider these late bids and will not honor them