SUSANIN'S holds previews Monday - Friday from 10am to 5pm and Thursday until 7pm the week prior to each auction date. There is free parking at SUSANIN'S location at 900 South Clinton (at Taylor) in downtown Chicago. All are welcome, auctions begin at 10:00 am.
Terms & Conditions
Bidding on items indicates acceptance of the following terms:
1. A 28% buyer's premium will be added to the hammer price on each lot sold.
2. All lots are sold "AS IS" and all sales are final. Neither we, nor the consignor are responsible for the correctness of any statement of any kind concerning any lot, whether written or oral, nor for any other errors or omissions in description or for any faults or defects in any lot. Neither the seller, ourselves, our officers, employees or agents, give any representation, warranty or guarantee or assume any liability of any kind in respect of any lot with regard to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, description, size, quality, condition, attribution, authenticity, rarity, importance, medium, provenance, exhibition history, literature or historical relevance. Except as required by local law any warranty of any kind whatsoever is excluded by this paragraph.
3. The auctioneer has the sole right to settle disputed bids and decide whether or not to re-offer the lot.
4. The record of sale kept by the auction house will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
5. The purchaser assumes complete responsibility for items at the fall of the auctioneer's hammer.
6. Some lots carry reserves. This is a confidential minimum set by the consignor and the auction house below which a lot will not sell. The reserve will not exceed the low estimate.
7. Absentee bids will be executed when possible as a convenience to our clients. SUSANIN'S will not be held responsible for any errors or failures to execute bids. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. SUSANIN'S offers some shipping services. Click here for more information. Contact information for independent local shipping firms can be provided upon request.
8. Items may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
9. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject an opening bid that, in his opinion, is not commensurate with the value of the lot.
10. Payment must be made at the end of the sale unless prior arrangements have been made. SUSANIN'S accepts cash, certified checks and money orders. Personal checks may be accepted if credit has been established with us. We also accept Visa or Mastercard on invoices totalling less than $2,000.
11. All purchases must be paid for and removed within three business days after an auction. Property which is not paid for within the three day period will be charged to the purchaser's credit card. If property is paid for but not removed within three days after the auction, it may be shipped to the bidder at their expense by a charge to an authorized credit card or by C.O.D., or may be sent to a storage facility, the cost of which is assumed solely by the purchaser. SUSANIN'S is authorized to make the decision how to dispose of the property absent guidance from the purchaser within the three days. SUSANIN'S accepts no responsibility for property unretrieved for more than thirty days after an auction. Property unretrieved after 90 days becomes property of SUSANIN'S, Inc.