Lots will be available for viewing the day of the auction, August 18, 2012 from 12 noon - 5 pm inside the Pacific Pavilion.
13% up to$50,000.00
13% up to$100,000.00
Terms & Conditions
On line bidding and live auction registration will start July 5th, 2012. Online registration fee to bid is FREE. Due to space limitations and to insure a pleasant auction experience for all that attend; only 400 tickets will be sold to attend the live auction event being held August 18, 2012 in Huntington Beach CA. The first 300 bidders registered will be invited to a pre-auction party and silent auction. 50% of live auction registration fees is donated to ? The Surfrider?s Foundation?, International Surf Museum, The Wounded Warriors Project and CHOC Hospitals. Access to online registration and bidding automatically is included in your live auction event registration fee along with a sponsorship event gift bag.
Form of Payment
All payments must be made by cash or accepted credit cards. No personal checks accepted. All floor bid purchases include a 10% buyers premium. All ?Absentee Proxy Bid? and online bidding purchases include a 18% buyers premium. Floor bids are subject to a 7.75% Sales Tax. Out of State ?Absentee Proxy Bid? purchases will not be charged state tax. All items must be paid in full on the day of the sale. No purchases may be removed until paid in full.
The price estimates given have been drawn from previous auctions, collector sales and current going rates at the time of publication. However, it should be noted that these are purely estimates of the range of prices that items could bring. This shall give bidders an idea of what the bidding range is expected to be. There is no guarantee that prices will fall within this range. In some case, individual items may vary in price, due to the exceptional quality or rarity of the item.
Many items will have no reserve. For those that do, it is usually the case that without a reserve, the item would not be offered. Reserve prices will normally be reflected in the low estimated value.
All auction items, will be available for preview in the Pacific Pavilion, located at the Water Front Hilton Hotel in Huntington Beach, ?Surf City? California, on Saturday August 18, 2012 from 12:00 noon- 4 pm. The preview is open to the public at no charge and will be on display to all who attend the ?Surf Art Show and Sale?, which will be taking place out side the Pavilion. Pre-registered bidders will receive free admission to the pre-auction party and sponsors product gift bags, before attending the private live auction event. Only those first 300 who purchase a bidding number will be allowed admittance to the pre-auction party and only 400 tickets sold to attend the live auction.
?Absentee Proxy Bids? for Auction Items
For those unable to attend the auction in person, you will still be able to place an advance bid on auction items without actually being present. We will offer you the opportunity to make ?Absentee Proxy Bids? in advance. ?Absentee Proxy Bids? for auction items will be offered starting August 5th, with bids being entertained until August 17th 2012 at 5 pm, exactly 24 hours prior to the start of the main auction. All ?Absentee Proxy Bids? must be lodged by this time to be valid. At this time, ?Absentee Proxy Bids? for the main auction items will close and will serve as set bids for the main auction items. In case on-site bidding does not reach the ?Absentee Proxy Bid?, then the ?Absentee Proxy Bid? shall be deemed the high bid. Should on-site bidding exceed the ?Absentee Proxy Bid?, then the ?Absentee Proxy Bid? shall be deemed an insufficient bid. Please note the ?Absentee Proxy Bid? will carry a 15% buyers premium for successful bids. Bids that are submitted as an ?Absentee Proxy Bid? in advance, in writing, on line or otherwise submitted before the auction for execution at or below a specified price will be executed as a courtesy for the absentee bidder. No warrantees shall be made for failure to execute such bids or for errors that may occur in the execution of such bids. Should a tie be lodged, the bidder in attendance will be deemed the successful bidder.
All sales are final upon announcement by Auctioneer as ?sold? to the highest bid: the highest Bidder shall be the Purchaser and no Purchaser shall retract his bid. All sales are final. However, a registered buyer?s bid (an offer) is not a sale when it is less than a minimum reserve on that item. In this case, the auctioneer will say ?offer? at the close of the bidding process. The Bidder must contact the owner/ principals to find out if offer is accepted. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to insure his purchases immediately.
Terms of Sale
1. All purchases must be removed from the Auction Site the day of the auction and all costs, responsibility and risk of such removal shall be borne by Purchaser. If for any reason the Purchaser fails to remove any lot within the time specified, the lot shall be deemed abandoned, and the Auctioneer at his sole discretion may resell or remove and store the said lot at Purchaser?s sole risk and expense. Purchaser shall be liable for any rent incurred or damages suffered by the Auctioneers because of Purchaser?s failure to remove any lot.
2. There shall be no guarantee or warranties, expressed or implied. Each and every lot will be sold ?as is, where is?. The Bidder agrees that he has satisfied himself and is not relying on the Auctioneers, nor are Auctioneers liable.
3. Any dispute arising as to any bidding shall be settled by the Auctioneers at their sole discretion and the Auctioneer may, immediately, put the lot in dispute up again for sale. The Auctioneers reserves the right to refuse any bid which the Auctioneers consider to be an insignificant advance over the preceding bid.
4. The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any applicant for bidding card the privilege of bidding at this auction sale and to revoke such privilege at any time.
5. Purchaser acknowledges that prior to the auction all lots were available for inspection.
6. Auctioneers may, at any time, at the their sole discretion and without notice or liability to bidder:
1. withdraw or cancel the sale of any lot, or
2. offer any lots in groups or with privilege.
7. A purchaser is deemed to have accepted a lot when makes a bid.
8. Bidder acknowledges that an Auction Site is a potentially dangerous place. Flammable, noxious, corrosive and pressurized substances are present, heavy equipment is being operated and electrical circuits may be live. Every person at the Auction Site before, during and after the auction sale shall be deemed to be there at his own risk with notice of the condition of the premises, the activities on the premises and the conduct of third parties and the Bidder shall so advise his agents and employees. No person shall have any claim, demands or causes of action, whether at law or in equity, against the Auctioneers their agents, employees or principals for any injuries sustained nor for damages to loss of property which may occur from any cause what so ever.
9. These Terms of Sale may not be amended except by agreement in writing signed by the Auctioneers and the respective Purchaser.