Conditions of Sale
The Following is the complete terms and conditions for which all property is offered for sale.
1. All Property is sold as is, we make no guarantees, warranties or representations expressed or implied with respect to the property or correctness of the catalog or other descriptions of authenticity or of authorship, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, providence, exhibition or historical relevance of the property. No statements anywhere, whether written or oral, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warrantee, or representation. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine condition, size and whether or not it has been repaired or restored. NO refunds or credit shall be issued.
2. All lots are sold subject to an 8.25% California sales tax unless a resale number is given.
3. Payment must be made on the day of the purchase. Payment can be Certified, Cash, or Cashiers Check.
4. Bidders are required to register prior to sale and must use the provided bidder number.
5. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to reoffer or resell the item in dispute.
6. On the fall of the auction hammer, sale will be passed to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, subject to the fulfillment by such bidder of all the conditions set forth herein, and bidder assumed full risk and responsibility and will pay the full purchase price. Invoices are subject to audit for error and bidder is responsible for paying any balances due therein.
7. All articles are to be removed within 10 days after sale. Any item not removed will be stored by RCL Auctions. Fees will be charged accordingly.
8. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing or handling of purchased lots by us is at the risk of the purchaser. In no event will we be liable for damages to glass or frames regardless of cause.
9. We reserve the right to withdraw any property prior to sale.
10. This is a privately owned and operated sale. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any person. No children will be allowed at the sale.
11. If any applicable conditions herein are not complied with by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to us and the consigner by law, including without limitation the right to hold purchaser responsible for the total purchase price, we may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (b) resell the property at public auction with out reserve.
12. This contract is governed by the laws of the State of California