PAYMENT: Payment is due within 3 days of auction end. Contact Mannys Oriental Rugs at (301)797-7434. Accepted forms of payment for this auction are check, Money Order or Paypal. Items that are paid by check will be held until the check has cleared. Maryland sales taxes will be charged on all items picked up locally or shipped to a Maryland address. In the event that the Buyer of any lot fails to pay the purchase price thereof when due, the Auction House shall have the option to enforce payment by civil action or other proceedings against the Buyer, void the sale as if said sale had not occurred, conduct a second sale of said item, or to charge the successful bidder's credit card. If shipped, Buyer is responsible for satisfying any sales tax requirements or other taxes or fees that may be imposed by their state or jurisdiction.
SHIPPING: Local pickup is allowed; Shipping and handling charges will be a predetermined flat fee. Shipping & packaging will be done by us and will be sent through UPS or the PO.
1. WARRANTY: Each lot is sold 'AS IS', and neither the Auction House nor the consigning Seller warrants or represents, nor shall be responsible for, the description, genuineness, provenance, importance, or condition of a lot. No statement made online, on the description label, or verbally prior to or during the sale shall be deemed to express any warranty, representation, or assumption of responsibility by the Auction House or the Seller.
2. PURCHASER RESPONSIBILITY: The purchaser assumes complete responsibility for an item once they have been recognized by the Auctioneer as the winning bidder. The Auction House is not liable for any damage to goods after they have been sold.
3. TAX: Maryland sales taxes will be charged to all items being sent in the state of Maryland.
4. RESERVE or MINIMUM PRICES: If a lot is offered subject to a reserve or minimum price (the confidential minimum price below which the lot will not be sold), the Auctioneer may implement such reserve by bidding on behalf of the consignor, whether by opening bidding or continuing bidding until the reserve is obtained, or by placing consecutive bids, or bids in response to other bidders.
5. BIDDING: The Auction House reserves the right to reject a bid from any bidder. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders the Auctioneer shall have sole and final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to reopen bidding.
6. PAYMENT: In the event that the Buyer of any lot fails to pay the purchase price thereof when due, the Auction House shall have the option to enforce payment by civil action or other proceedings against the Buyer, void the sale as if said sale had not occurred, conduct a second sale of said item, or to charge the successful bidder's credit card.
7. METHOD OF PAYMENT: Money Order and Paypal is preferred. If you wish to pay by check, we will hold the item until check has cleared. Usually up to 10 business days for a check to clear.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: The Conditions of Sale, as well as the buyer's, Consignor's and Stanford Auctions, Inc.'s respective rights and obligations shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. All persons participating in any auction sale, whether as bidder or consignor, whether present in person or by agent, or by absentee bid, order bid, telephone, internet or other means, consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts located in Broward County, Florida, and if applicable, of the federal court located in Broward County, Florida.
9. SEVERABILITY: If any part of the Conditions of Sale is found by any court to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that part shall be discounted and the rest of the conditions shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent of the law.