1. The purchase price for all property sold shall include the hammer price, plus a 15% premium. All hammer prices (excluding premium) are subject to the Massachusetts 6.25% resale tax, unless the buyer has a valid tax exempt certificate. For more information contact the Massachusetts Department of Corporations and Taxation, 100 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02204.
2. All Live Auctioneers bidders must provide a credit card number (Visa, Mastercard or Discover)to Rockport Art Association to become an approved bidder. No bidder will be approved without a credit card number. Contact the RAA at 978.546.6604 or email@example.com. Payment must be made at the end of the auction, and all items must be removed. The RAA reserves the right to hold objects until checks are cleared.
3. The buyer assumes complete responsibility for items at the fall of the hammer.
4. All items are sold "AS IS" and all sales are final. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to examine lots and decide their level of interest. Neither the auctioneer, nor the consignors, nor the RAA are responsible for the accuracy of any printed or verbal descriptions. Please note that when estimating the value of these works the auction committee did not remove the work from its frame.
5. Left bids (Absentee Bids) may be left with staff members prior to the auction, and will be executed by
them. Should you leave an unusually high bid, you may request that we use only those funds necessary to
purchase the painting or sculpture, unless you instruct us to start the bidding with your high bid. You may also leave a bid for "PLUS 1," authorizing us to go one increment beyond your left bid, if the amount of your
bid is equal to the last bid from the floor. You must specify this on your left bid form. Absentee bidders are responsible for shipping and handling costs. Please note: We do not accept phone bids or e-mail bids. If you are interested in leaving an absentee bid, you must complete the required form and return the signed form to us by mail, fax or in person by 6:00pm on Friday, May 4th, 2012. The Absentee Bid Form may be downloaded from our website auction page.
6. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject an opening bid.
7. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve or minimum selling price. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and the Rockport Art Association, below which the lot will not be sold. The reserve will be set at or below the low end of the estimated range, and in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. Whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
8. Items may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
9. The auctioneer has the sole right to settle disputed bids and to decide whether or not to re-offer
10. The record of sale kept by the RAA will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
11. All measurements given refer to the actual canvas, board, image size or in the case of graphics, plate
size only. All measurements are in inches.
12. All works are framed and signed, unless otherwise noted.
13. The Rockport Art Association is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this catalog.
14. All items picked up or shipped within Massachusetts are subject the 6.25% state sales tax. All items shipped outside the state of Massachusetts are exempt from the tax.
The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.