Wednesday 8 May though Friday 10 May 2013 from 1000 Am - 5 PM.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AUCTION.
1. A buyer's premium of 18% of the hammer price will be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price.
2. The total sales price is subject to applicable sales tax. North Carolina residents will pay all applicable taxes unless a tax exemption form is on file.
3. An invoice detailing purchased items and specific payment information will be sent via e-mail directly following the auction.
4. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, money order, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Pay-pal(Paypal Payments are preferred). All funds must clear our bank before items will be shipped. Overseas purchases must be made by bank wire transfer.
5. Complete payment is required within 7 days of auction close. After that time, the sale will be deemed null and void with negative feedback given.
6. Paid items must be removed from the auction floor within 3 business days of payment clearance.
7. Packing, shipping & insurance is handled by a third party shipper. It is the responsibility of the buyer to contract with the 3rd party shipper for items purchased. The buyer may select the shipper of their choice or contact B & T Enterprise UPS store, 722 Cedar Point Blvd, Cedar Point, NC 28584. Tel: 252-393-8209, Fax: 252-393-8280. email@example.com,for professional shipping. General questions regarding shipping costs, insurance and tracking should be directed to the shipper of buyers choice or B&T enterpise as listed above.
8. In-person payment for, and pickup of items won may be made at Sterling Auction House 675 W. Corbett Ave. Swansboro, NC 28540, Hours of Operation are Wednesday thru Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM or Sunday 1 PM - 5 PM. In-person payments must be made within 7 days of auction close and pick-up must be made within 3 days of payment clearance.
9. The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will decide the buyer or immediately put the item up for sale again.
10. In the event of a tie between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bid will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision will be binding and final.
11. The record of sale, kept by the auctioneer and clerk, will be taken as absolute and final in all disputes.
12. Some lots may be offered subject to a reserve. A reserve is a confidential minimum price below at which such a lot will not be sold.
13. Sterling Auction will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids must be in writing along with a valid credit card number with expiration date and emailed to Sterlingah@ec.rr.com. Phone bidding is available and must be arranged in advance with our staff. We suggest that phone bid arrangements be made 48 hours (not including weekends) before the start of the auction in order to ensure adequate processing time.
14. All auction inquiries must be received a minimum of 24 hours prior to the start of the auction.
15. Purchasers should inspect the merchandise and are urged to do so at the Auction site, the week prior to auction W-F 10 am to 4 pm EST. Descriptions provided in the on-line catalog format does not include condition reports. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. The Auctioneer makes no warranty as to condition and shall not be responsible for any defects in any Lot. All goods are exposed for Public Exhibition and viewing only. Item descriptions, dimensions and estimates are provided for guidance only. It is the buyer's responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding and to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. We do our best in giving full descriptions, however these are for guidance only, and all lots will be sold "AS IS/WHERE IS" and "WITHOUT RECOURSE". There are no warranties of authenticity as to Artist, or manufacturer of any item.
16. Ivory and/or Tortoise shell will not be shipped outside the United States.
Bidding at a Cataloged Auction indicates that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, Sterling Auction House disclaims all warranties of authenticity of authorship for all lots consisting of works of fine art by or attributed to artists, authors or persons.