Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 P.M. PST Auction 3:00 P.M. PST Auction Day Phone
Terms & Conditions
Standard Conditions of Sale
1. The property in this sale will be sold subject to
the following terms and conditions.
2. The word "Gallery" whenever used, means the firm
J.C. Ames Auctioneers, Inc. DBA Ames Auctioneers.
3. The Gallery has exercised reasonable care to
describe correctly the property to be sold, but we
do not warrant the correctness of descriptions,
signatures, marks, insignias, geuiness,
authenticity or condition of said property. ALL
ITEMS ARE SOLD WITHOUT RECOURSE.
4. A substantial deposit shall be made by the
purchaser to apply on all purchases, but in no
event shall there be less deposit than 25% of the
purchase price of all items at any time.
5. Highest bidder is to be the buyer. If any dispute
arises at the time of sale between two or more
bidders, the lot so in dispute shall be put up
again and resold. If there be no advance then the
article shall go to the person from whom the
auctioneer recognized the last bid. The
auctioneer may decline any bid made by any person
who, in his judgment are not responsible, reliable
6. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer at the
time of sale, all bids are to be for a single
article even though more than one article is
included under a numbered item.
7. The lots to be taken at the buyer's expense and
risk upon the conclusion of the sale and the
remainder of the purchase money to be absolutely
paid on/at before delivery; in defalut of which the
undersigned will not hold themselves responsible
if the lots be lost, damaged or destroyed, but they
will be left at the sole risk of the purchaser.
Goods will only be delivered on presentation of a
receipted bill presented by anyone.
8. Except as herein otherwise provided, title will
pass to the highest bidder upon the fall of the
auctioneers hammer and thereafter the property is
at the purchasers sole risk and responsibility.
9. Purchasers buying merchandise with the intention
of accepting delivery of such merchandise at some
point outside the state, must make arrangements for
shipment prior. Bill of Lading will be required
from all shippers. Ames Auctioneers will not pack
or ship any items.
10. Any bid which is not commensurate with the value
of the article offered, or which would be a gross
injustice to the owner or gallery, or is merely a
nominal or fractional advance over the previous
bid, may be rejected by the auctioneer if in his
judgment such a bid would be likely to affect the
11. If an article purchased cannot be delivered in as
good condition as the same was at the time of sale,
or should any article purchased be stolen or
misdelivered, or lost, the undersigned is not to
be held liable in any greater amount than the price
bid by the purchaser.
12. The Gallery, subject to these conditions of sale
and to such terms and conditions as it prescribes,
but without charge for it's services, will under-
take to make bids for responsible parties approved
by it when covered by a 25% deposit.
13. Buyers Premium: The buyer agrees to pay the sum of
the hammer price plus a premium of 15% (of the
hammer price) when paying by check, cash or wire
transfer, or 19% if paying by credit card, together
with any applicable tax, unless the buyer is exempt
from the applicable tax. BUYERS BIDDING VIA
INTERNET AGREE TO PAY A TOTAL PREMIUM OF 18% WHEN
PAYING BY CASH, CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER, OR 22% IF
PAYING BY CREDIT CARD (both including 3% online
transfer fee). WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL.
14. Buyers bidding via Internet agree to pay a total
premium of 18% when paying by check, cash or wire
transfer, or 22% if paying by credit card. (Both
including 3% online transfer fee). WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL.
15. These conditions of sale cannot be altered in
writing by the auctioneers at the time of sale.
16. The conditions of sale shall be known as a contract
between buyer and seller and be a part thereof.
17. In the event suit is institued by the Gallery
against the buyer to enforce any of it's rights
arising out of any transaction in the course of
the sale, the buyer agrees to pay in addition to
all other sums which may be due the Gallery,
reasonable attorney's fees and costs.
18. The Gallery will help facilitate the employment of
carriers and packers by providing names of
carriers and packers to the purchasers, but will
not be held responsible for the acts of such
carriers or packers in an respect whatsoever.