"The Auctioneers" means Potteries Specialist Auctions of 271 Waterloo Road, Cobridge, Staffs, ST6 3HR. "The Seller" means
person or persons named on the schedule hereto. Where the Seller comprises two or more persons, the singular used in these
Conditions shall include the plural and any obligations on the part of the Seller should be joint and several. "The Buyer" shall
mean a person or persons, including a firm or Company, making the highest bid for the Goods or any part thereof whose bid shall
exceed or be equal to the Reserve if any.
1. The Auctioneers sell as agents for the seller (except where they are stated as wholly or partly to own any lot as principle) and
as such are not responsible for any default by the Seller or Buyer.
2. The Auctioneers reserve the right to fix a Reserve price for any lot.
3. The Auctioneers may without giving reason refuse to accept the bidding of any person.
4. In the case of a dispute as to any bid the Auctioneers may forthwith determine the dispute or put up the lot again at the last
undisputed bid or withdraw the lot.
5. No person may advance less at a bid than the sum to be named from time to time by the Auctioneers.
6. Lots on which VAT is payable by the Buyer will be indicated either in the sale catalogue or by the Auctioneer. VAT is payable at
the rate prevailing on the day of the auction.
7. The Seller may bid for any lot either personally or through the Auctioneers or through any person as many times as they respectively
may think fit and may withdraw any lot subject to condition 9 contained in the Auctioneers sellers conditions.
8. The Buyer shall pay commission to the Auctioneers at the rate of 20% of the purchase price, inclusive of VAT, or such other rate
which may be fixed by the Auctioneers.Any lots purchased by the Buyer via liveauctioneers.com will be subject to an extra
3% commission on top of the 20% Buyers Premium.
9. The Buyer shall give his name and address and proof of identity (if required) to the Auctioneers at the sale.
10. Each lot shall be at the Buyer's risk from the fall of the hammer but must be paid for in full before property in the Goods
passes to the buyer.
11. The Buyer shall pay the purchase price plus premium inclusive of VAT to the Auctioneers. No purchase may be removed
until all money due from the Buyer has been paid. All sold lots not cleared within seven days of the Sale will be liable to Storage
Charges at a rate of Ã?Æ?Ã¢â?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?Â£1 per item per day. During this time Potteries Specialist Auctions do no accept liability for damage or loss
and storage charges must be paid in full before Lots can be removed.
12. Upon failure by the Buyer to comply with conditions 9 or 11 above, the lot shall be re-sold by public auction or private sale and
the deficiency (if any) arising from the sale together with the expenses of it shall be due as a debt from the Buyer in default upon
the first sale.
13. The Auctioneers accept no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of their staff to bid for any lot. Commissions
given by telephone are accepted at the senders risk and must be received by the Auctioneers and confirmed in writing or by facsimile
transmission at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement of sale. The Auctioneers are authorized to buy in for any lot at
a price equal to the price at which they are commissioned to buy. Bids received from potential buyers from within the auction room
take precedence over commission bids.
14. Any person on the Auctioneers premises before, during or after the sale is deemed to be there at his/her own risk and with
notice of the condition of the premises and their contents. Such person shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of
any injury sustained or any accident which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
15. All Goods are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of descriptions. Illustrations in catalogues are for general identification
only. Buyers should satisfy themselves prior to the auction as to the condition of each lot. Any statement by the Auctioneers
as to the lot is a statement of opinion only and every person should rely on his/her own judgment as to all matters affecting the
lot. Any Goods sold are not supplied as new but may be unused. Refunds will not be given on any Lots unless a written Condition
Report was requested by the Buyer prior to the Sale.
16. All unsold Lots must be collected by the Seller within seven days of the Sale of Storage Charges will be applied at the rate of
Ã?Æ?Ã¢â?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?Â£1 per item per day. In some cases unsold items can be entered into another Sale if decided by the Auctioneer.
17. Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneers, their servants or agent is responsible for errors of description or for the authenticity
of any lot for any mis-statement as to any matter affecting the lot. Neither the Seller nor the Auctioneers, their servants or agent
make or gives, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty
in relation to any lot and any implied conditions or warranties are excluded.
18. Notwithstanding any other terms of these conditions if, within seven days after the sale, the Auctioneers receive from the
Buyer, notice in writing that in his view the lot is a forgery, and within fourteen days after such notification the Buyer returns the
Goods to the Auctioneers in the same condition as at the time of sale and producing evidence (the burden of truth to be upon
the buyer) satisfies the Auctioneers that considered in the light of the entry in the catalogue, the lot is imperfect, and further that
the Buyer is able to transfer a good and marketable title to the lot free from any third party claims, then the sale of the lot will be
Rescinded and the purchase price refunded. The Seller and the Buyer agree to be bound by the Auctioneer's decision. In Deciding
whether or not the item is a forgery the Auctioneer is entitled to seek the views of any expert or other authority at the Buyer's
expense and the Buyer shall pay to the Auctioneers on demand such sum as the Auctioneers may reasonably require by Way of
payment in advance of such expense.
19. These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. All transactions to which these Conditions
apply and all connected matters shall be governed by English Law.