Preview Hours: Friday, February 21st, 12pm to 8pm
& Saturday, February 22nd 8am to 10am
21% up to$9,999,999.00
21% up to$999,999,999.00
Terms & Conditions
BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ABSENTEE BID, TELEPHONE, OR OTHER MEANS, CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE".
If you do not understand any of these terms or conditions, please ask a staff member or contact The San Rafael Auction Gallery for clarification before registering. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, FOR ANY REASON.
BUYER'S PREMIUM ADDED TO LOTS PURCHASED
Online Bidders 21% of the "Hammer Price"
1. All buyers must have a bidding number and shall supply The San Rafael Auction Gallery with their name, address, phone, and if so requested, a credit card or bank reference. A form of picture identification is required to verify information given. PLEASE NOTE: International Bidders may be asked for a credit card in advance to secure their purchases.
2. The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the hammer price and any dispute shall be settled at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion. An audio recording is made of each auction to verify auction results, if necessary.
3. The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as he may decide.
4. 9.00% California Sales Tax will be paid on a) The Hammer Price, and b) The Buyer's Premium.
5. All Purchases will be subject to 9.00% California Sales Tax, UNLESS the buyer provides the San Rafael Auction Gallery with a valid Resale Certificate at the time of registration OR the purchased property is shipped out of state by COMMON CARRIER, then there is NO SALES TAX. Merchandise purchased with a Resale Permit from a state other than California, shall be sold outside of California WITH NO SALES TAX. Sufficient Identification, i.e., a Business Card is required.
6. Again, Non-Resale purchases from Out of State must be shipped from The San Rafael Auction Gallery by COMMON CARRIER, or California Sales Tax is Applicable.
7. All lots are to paid for in full by cash, approved check, Mastercard, or Visa at the close of the auction. Auctioneer reserves the right to hold merchandise until a buyer's check clears. There will be a $25.00 handling fee charged each time a check is returned from the bank for any reason.
8. NO LOT MAY BE TAKEN FROM THE SAN RAFAEL AUCTION GALLERY UNTIL THE AUCTION HAS ENDED, AND CHECKED OUT BY AUCTION STAFF.
9. All lots must be taken away at the buyer's expense by Wednesday, the week after the auction. Lots not removed by this time may be subject to a $5.00 per day storage fee, per lot purchased.
10. The San Rafael Auction Gallery will be open until 6pm the day of the auction.
11. The property in a lot shall not pass to the buyer until the purchase price has been paid in full, and the auction is over, but, the lot shall be at the buyer's risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer.
12. Although The San Rafael Auction Gallery exercises due care in describing items listed, any representation or statement by The San Rafael Auction Gallery as to authorship, attribution, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition, or estimated selling price is a statement of opinion only. The San Rafael Auction Gallery nor its staff are responsible for the correctness of such opinions. Every person interested should exercise and rely on their own judgment as to such matters.
13. All lots to be sold AS IS, WHERE IS. ALL SALES FINAL.
14. There may be a reserve placed on some items. Such reserve is confidential.
15. The sale is being conducted pursuant to Section 2328 of the Uniform Commercial Code and Section 535 of the Penal Code.
16. All measurements and sizes are approximate.
17. SHIPPING. The San Rafael Auction Gallery will provide a purchaser with the names of packing and shipping companies who are independent contractors. They do NOT work for the San Rafael Auction Gallery: We suggest:
1. Pakmail contact (415) 472-2533 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The UPS Store for smaller or less fragile items, contact (415)457-6909 Email:email@example.com
3. Craters & Freighters at (650)583-8555 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Plycon Van Lines at (510)784 8700 Email for quote worksheet: plyconvanlines.com for Blanket wrap or Custom crate
The San Rafael Auction Gallery does not pack or ship any item, nor do we charge a surcharge for tendering items to a shipper. Shippers must pick up items at our location: 634 Fifth Avenue, San Rafael, California 94901. Domestic and International shipping is available. Buyers may make independent arrangements with any shipper that they choose. Buyer pays all packing, shipping, and associated costs directly to their chosen shipper.
BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ABSENTEE BID, TELEPHONE, LIVEAUCTIONEERS OR OTHER MEANS, CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "CONDITIONS OF SALE".