The “Uncommon” Galleries, Inc. – Terms and Conditions of Sale
All property in the sale is offered by The “Uncommon” Galleries, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Uncommon Galleries”) according to the following terms and conditions:
1. Registration; Terms and Conditions. Bidders must register with LiveAuctioneers.com to participate in online bidding. You hereby authorize Uncommon Galleries to verify the information you have provided with the appropriate third parties. Uncommon Galleries has the right to reject any bidder for any reason.
The lots listed in this catalog are offered for sale by Uncommon Galleries subject to the Terms and Conditions listed in the Auction Catalogue. A Bidder is responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions prior to making any bid, and contacting Uncommon Galleries for any provisions not fully understood. By bidding in the Auction, a Bidder acknowledges, accepts and agrees to be bound said Terms and Conditions.
2. Privacy Statement. The information obtained for registration purposes is for the sole use and purpose of Uncommon Galleries and is required to bid. Registering to bid with Uncommon Galleries and Live Auctioneers will include you in Uncommon Galleries' customer list. If you do not wish to be included you may opt-out by notifying Uncommon Galleries. We do not share information collected with third parties.
3. Bidding. All sales are final. Placing a bid is a legally binding obligation. Do Not bid unless you are prepared to pay for all items bid on.
4. Property Condition. Uncommon Galleries sells antiques, collectibles, artwork, furnishings and other items that have been previously owned. As a result, there are a number of factors that may affect the condition of an item, such as: the type of item, the materials used to make an item, the age and previous use of the item, the conditions under which the item may have previously been stored and transported, as well as normal wear and tear.
All items are sold in "as is" and "where is" condition, with any and all faults. Any condition statement is given solely as a courtesy to a Bidder, is only an opinion, and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Uncommon Galleries shall have no responsibility for any error or omission, nor variations in the appearance of an item due to online photographs. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the property is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any kind, express or implied. All weights and measurements are approximations.
Bidders have sole responsibility for inquiring as to the condition of any item prior to the date of the auction. Your bid will signify that you are satisfied with the condition of an item at the time your bid is placed.
5. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS, RETURNS, EXCHANGES OR REFUSALS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
6. Payment. Payments can be made by PayPal, and Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discovery). Personal or business checks will not be accepted.
7. Withdrawal. Uncommon Galleries has the right to withdraw an Auction Item from the sale at any time prior to the actual sale.
8. Computer, Software Errors. Uncommon Galleries is not liable for malfunctions, errors or omissions due to computer hardware or software failure resulting in the inaccurate transmittal of bids, the failure to execute bids or any other irregularity.
9. Estimates. High and low estimates are provided solely for comparison purposes and Uncommon Galleries makes no warranties of any kind relating to such estimates.
10. Shipping. Uncommon Galleries does not provide packing or shipping services. It is the Buyer's responsibility to arrange and pay for all packing and shipping. By placing a bid, Buyer understands that packing and shipping charges are not included in the auction purchase price, and that such charges are in addition to such purchase price.
It is a Buyer’s sole obligation to contact a shipping company to make packing and shipping arrangements including inquiring as to the cost of such packing and shipping services, pick-up and claims should they arise. Payments for packing and shipping shall be made directly to the shipping company selected by the Buyer. Uncommon Galleries is not responsible for the acts or omissions in packing or shipping of purchased lots by carriers or packers, whether or not recommended by us, once it leaves our control. Packing and handling of purchased lots is at the entire risk of the Buyer.
Solely as a convenience to our Buyers, the following carriers or packers are available to assist you with your packing and shipping requirements:
The UPS Store
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Ship & Copy (A FedEx Authorized ShipCenter)
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Phone: (518) 842-5188
If for any reason an Auction Item cannot be delivered to the Winning Bidder’s shipper in the same condition as at the time of sale, due either to damage or loss, the Winning Bidder shall have the option of: (1) taking delivery of the Auction Item, subject to any credit in the purchase price that may be offered by the Auctioneer, or (2) canceling the sale, and taking a refund of the purchase price. Under no circumstances shall Auctioneer be obligated to refund any amount in excess of the price paid by the Winning Bidder.
11. Sales Tax. New York residents and/or Buyers whose item(s) is shipped to a New York address will be charged sales tax of 7.00% on the final total purchase price, unless a completed and signed New York State sales tax exemption certificate (Form ST-120) is presented before the sale.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.