CONDITION OF SALE
1. All property is sold "AS IS". Neither Houston Antique Auction, LLC nor the seller makes any warranty or representation with respect to the property, and they shall not be responsible for the correction of the catalogue or other descriptions of the property. The descriptions of the condition of articles in this catalogue, including all references to damages or repairs, are provided as service to interested persons, but are not warranted to be correct. Accordingly, all lots should be viewed personally by prospective buyers to evaluate the condition of the articles offered for sale. While all attribution in this catalogue to authors, artists, dates and periods are based on the qualified opinion of our specialists, such attributions are not to be relied upon as unqualified statement which is warrantied to be correct. Therefore, all attributions to authors or artists and description of the condition of such lots are not warranties.
2. Some of the lots in this sale are subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential price agreed upon by the seller and auctioneer, below which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. A representative of Houston Antique Auction, LLC will execute such reserves by bidding for the seller.
3. Houston Antique Auction, LLC reserves the right to withdraw any lot before or at the sale.
4. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The Auctioneer has the right to reject any bid. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser.
5. All merchandise purchased must be paid for within two (2) weeks after the day of the sale and removed from the premises within four (4) weeks after the date of sale. Houston Antique Auction, LLC may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of 1.5% of the purchase price of any lot not removed by the purchaser within four (4) weeks after the date of sale. A charge of $5 per day will apply to any item left over 4 weeks. Houston Antique Auction, LLC shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises. At the option of Houston Antique Auction, LLC, the merchandise may be transferred to and store at a public warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Any item remaining more than two months is subject to being forfeited with no refund, and is subject to being resold.
6. Houston Antique Auction, LLC does not provide packing and shipping service to buyers. Buyers are required to provide their own shipping. Houston Antique Auction, LLC will provide shipping carrier information to buyers upon completion of payment for their items. Buyers can inquire for a shipping quote directly from the local shipping carriers: UPS Store 713-952-5332 E: firstname.lastname@example.org or Pack N Send Store 713-266-1450, E: email@example.com
7. Methods of payment include: cash, cashier's check, credit cards and wire transfers. Payment from absentee and phone bidders are due within 7 days of notification of successful bids. All other payments are due upon receipt of invoice.
8. All purchases are subject to the State of Texas 8.25% sales tax unless the Purchaser possesses and provides a Texas sales tax exemption number.
9. Houston Antique Auction, LLC receives a commission from all property sold on hammer price for each item to be paid by the buyers as part of the purchase price. Houston Antique Auction, LLC will charge its commission as follows:
From $1 to $1,000 22%
from $1,001 to $5,000 20%
above $5,001 15%
10. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions and all other terms announced at sale.
11. Any and all announcements made by the Auctioneer will supersede previously communicated terms and conditions.
12. If purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these Conditions of Sale, including its obligation to pay in full the price of all items for which it was the highest successful bidder, Houston Antique Auction, LLC may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law including (a)cancelling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot which the purchase has failed to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
13. Ivory shipping regulation: No ivory is allowed to ship oversea out of US. International bidder should avoid to bid on ivory items by themselves.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.