Weekly Auctions of Exceptional Items
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
DoneSun, Jun 29, 2014 2:00 PM GMT
OTSA 17 DAY 3-WONDERFUL WORLD OF TOY SOLDIERS
Diversity abounds with this five hundred and eleven lot sale. If you can't find a soldier you like here, you don't like toy soldiers. Britains, Mignot, Heyde, Courtenay and Greenwood & Ball just to name a few.
Auction & Auctioneer Information
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Terms & Conditions
OLD TOY SOLDIER AUCTIONS GUARANTEE THEIR TROOPS: To provide Old Toy Soldier Customers with an exciting and rewarding auction experience. We guarantee the items are as described. If an error was made you will be refunded fully upon the return of the lot. You MUST contact Old Toy Soldier Auctions within 7 days of receiving the item in order to receive a refund. After 7 days the items are sold AS IS and are NOT RETURNABLE. Items must be paid for within 30 days. CONDITION OF ITEMS: We have spent much time and energy assuring the items are well cataloged and photographed in order to represent them as accurately as possible. The conditions of each item as noted in the descriptions. Boxes R.O.A.N.- Regiments of All Nation AOW- Armies of the World References used for Britains descriptions have been taken in part from Regiments of All Nations and Armies of the World by Joe Wallis. CONDITION GRADES: MIB Mint in Box Mint-M 99% Near Mint-NM 98% Pristine 97-96% Excellent-EX 95-92% Very Good-VG 87-80% Good-G 79-70% Fair-F 69-60% Poor-P Less Than 60% INVOICING: LiveAuctioneer bidders will be emailed an invoice by the Wednesday after the sale. METHOD OF PAYMENT: MC, Visa, American Express, Discover, Money Order or Check SHIPPING: Old Toy Soldier Auctions USA will arrange for the packing and shipping of your items. Items will be shipped in a timely manner in the order that payment has been received. Orders typically go out within 10 days of payment. Occasionally, we get behind in schedule due to the volume of figures needing our attention. Our priority is to make sure the items are properly packed to avoid damage. Please be understanding if shipment exceeds our goal. Items purchased on Day 1 will be sent separately and at a different time than items purchased on Day 2 of the sale. Domestic Shipping: Orders will be shipped by the USPS. A fee of $9 per lot will be charged for shipping and handling. Insurance is included for total orders under $500. Total orders over $500 will require additional insurance at a rate of $1 per 100. Total orders over $3,000 will be sent by US Express Mail which may be tracked and will require a signature upon delivery. If you would like to arrange shipment by FedEx or UPS, please arrange when making payment. Foreign Shipping: Orders will be shipped by the USPS. A fee of $25 per lot will be charged for shipping and handling. Insurance is included for total orders under $500. Total order over $500 will require additional insurance at a rate of $2 per $100. Total orders over $1,000 will be sent by US Express Mail which may be tracked and will require a signature upon delivery. If you would like to arrange shipment by FedEx or UPS please arrange when making payment. OLD TOY SOLDIER AUCTIONS USA: CONDITIONS OF SALE: 1 Old Toy Soldier Auctions USA acts as an agent for the seller. The contract of the sale of the property is between the seller and the buyer. No statements made within this catalog or made by a representative of or employee of Old Toy Soldier Auctions shall be deemed to be a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to the property's age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance. All property is sold "as is" 7 days after delivery and or 30 days from sale date. 2 Buyers are responsible for satisfying themselves concerning the condition of the property. 3 The Auctioneer will be solely responsible for determining the bidding increments. 4 The Auctioneer will be the final judge in deciding which bidder has won an item. In the event of a dispute, the auctioneer at his discretion, shall decide whether to reopen bidding or not. 5 All sales are final. 6 A 26% buyer's premium will be added to all successful bids. A 3% discount will be applied for payment by check or cash. OTS Auctions reserve the right to hold all merchandise paid by check until payment has been cleared by the bank. 7 In the event property is not paid for in full, OTS Auctions may pursue one or more of the following rights or remedies. A. Charge interest at 2% per month of the unpaid balance. B. Hold the defaulting buyer liable for the total amount due and commence legal proceedings for its recovery together with interest, legal fees and costs to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. C. Cancel the sale D. Resell the property E. Or to take such other action as we deem necessary or appropriate. 8 Items not claimed within 3 months of sale date will be considered forfeited and will become property of Old Toy Soldier Auctions, USA. 9 OTS Auctions are not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog or price key. Photographs in this catalog are of the actual objects being sold but are not shown to scale. 10 OTS Auctions reserves the right to refuse participation in the sale. 11 All rights reserved. Entire contents Copyright 2014. OTS Auctions Copyright includes, but not limited to, print, media, microfilm, and electronic media, such as CD-ROM's and online computer services. 12 If any part of these Conditions of Sale are found by any court to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, that part shall be discounted and the rest of the conditions shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law. 13 The rights and obligations with respect to the Conditions of Sale shall be governed by the laws of the state of Pennsylvania. HOW OLD TOY SOLDIER AUCTIONS U.S.A. WORKS: 1 Lot # - The item to be sold. Typically we sell 80 lots per hour. 2 Set # - The reference number used by the manufacturer. 3 Name of the Set 4 Description- Description of the set including estimated date of production and number of figures. 5 Manufacturer- Manufacturer of the lot. 6 "from"- Indicates that the lot does not have the exact composition or figure count as listed in the reference books. It may contain more or less figures than originally issued. If "from" is not used, the set is complete. 7 Condition of Figure- Applies to paint. Structural damage and or anomalies are listed in italics and within parenthesis. Condition of boxes is similarly described. 8 Estimate- This is the USD amount that has been assessed by the Old Toy Soldier Auctions appraiser and is based on the desirability, rarity and condition of each lot. This is provided for guidance only. Generally a bid within the estimated range has a 50% chance of winning the lot, a bid of the high estimate 70% and a bid of the low estimate 30%. HOW TO BID AT OLD TOY SOLDIER AUCTIONS USA: 1 Decide on the amount you would like to bid for the lot of interest. 2 Use the Bidding Increment Chart to determine your maximum bid. Bids not on the increments will be rounded down to the next increment. 3 Leave absentee bids online. 4 Bid live online. We recommend registering to bid 24 hours before the sale. FAQ: 1 If I bid $50 does the item open at $50? No, the item opens at one increment over the next highest bid. If you bid $50 and the next highest bid is $30 your bid will open the lot at $35. 2 Why did my bid of $53 not win the lot? Your bids are rounded to the nearest lower increment. Your bid of $53 was executed as a $50 bid. Please use the chart to help set your bids. 3 Why did I not win the lot that was sold for $50 when my bid was $50? There are two possibilities. The bids are executed in the order they are received. Many people bid the high estimate, if we have multiple bids at $50, the winner is the person whose $50 bid was received first. Or your bid was wrong footed meaning that your bid was an increment off. If you leave a bid of $50 and the lot opens at $30 to someone else, you then bid $35, another bidder bids $40 you then bid $45 and unfortunately someone comes in on your bid of $50 and the item sells to them. It is impossible to predict or plan your initial bid. You may give us a plus 1, plus 2 or even a plus 3 bid which allows us to bid 1, 2 or 3 increments over your high bid. However, we cannot accept a Buy bid, you must provide us with a number. 4 How much should I bid? We provide estimates for each lot based on our experience. We tend to be conservative with our estimates. Generally a bid within the estimate has a 50 percent chance of winning the lot. A bid of the low estimate has a 30 percent chance of winning the lot and a bid of the high estimate a 70 percent chance of securing the lot for the bidder. It is not uncommon for an item to go several times the high estimate if there are two or more parties with serious interest.
Bid Anywhere, Anytime. Download the LiveAuctioneers App.Available on the App StoreAndroid App on Google Play
Using: The New LiveAuctioneers Site Classic Site