All items are available for preview during the Showplace's hours of operation. Mon-Fri 10-6pm, Sat-Sun 8:30-5:30. The Showplace is located at 40 w.25th st. ny, NY 10010.
For more information please call 212.633.6063
Terms & Conditions
1. A BIDDING PADDLE is required for all floor bidders.
2. To register for a bidding paddle, a current DRIVERS LICENSE AND MAJOR CREDIT CARD are required. At our discretion we may also require a cash deposit.
3. An additional 25% deposit is required on all purchases and on all written bids left with the auction gallery.
4. NO MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED OR CREDIT APPLIED toward purchased merchandise without presentation of bid card to the auction gallery.
5. All property is sold "as is" and without recourse, and neither the consignor nor The Showplace makes any representations or warranties, expressed or implied with respect to the catalogue description or any other description, attribution, authenticity, provenance, origin, size, age, or condition of any property up for sale. BUYERS MUST RELYON THEIR OWN KNOWLEDGE WHEN PURCHASING MERCHANDISE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
6. All lots must be paid and removed at the buyers expense within 3 business days after the auction. The Showplace is not responsible for any packing of merchandise or delivery of merchandise to the buyer.
7. All purchases are subject to all local taxes unless purchaser furnishes proof of a New York State Resale or OSR number at the time of payment.
8. The highest bidder acknowledged shall be the purchaser. If any dispute arises between two or more bidders, at the discretion of the Auctioneer the lot so in dispute shall be immediately returned to the auction block and resold.
9. A buyer’s premium of 15% will be applied to the purchase price of all items. Live internet bidding available through eBay® Live Auctions is offered with a 17.5% buyer’s premium.
10. Payments must be made by cash, approved check by The Showplace, wire transfer, or Master Card and Visa Cards.
11. Payment for all purchases is expected at time of purchase. Payment for successful absentee, phone bids and eBay® bids is required within five business days of the auction.
12. We are pleased to offer absentee and phone bidding for prospective bidders who cannot be present at the auction. Please complete the Absentee Bid and/or Phone Reservation form. Absentee bids left with us are executed competitively and confidentially. In the case of identical bids left with us, the bid received first will prevail. Bids left on eBay® are not executed until the item is offered in the live auction and the order in which they are received is not a factor.
Following are general guidelines for bidding increments:
$1-$100 $5 increments
$100-499 $10 increments
$500-999 $25 increments
$1,000-2,999 $50 increments
$3,000-9,999 $100 increments
Above $10,000 $1000 increments
13. The deadline for absentee bids is before the beginning of the auction. All reservations for phone bidding are held in the strictest confidence and must be received one day prior to auction day. We make every effort to honor all absentee and phone bid reservations, but we are not liable for any losses incurred as a result of failure to execute absentee bids or failed phone reservations. Submitting left bids or bidding by phone does not imply an extension of credit.
14. Purchaser agrees that packing and shipping is done at the purchaser's risk and that the purchaser will pay in advance all packing expenses, materials, carrier fees and insurance charges. We are happy to provide names of carriers and shippers if a purchaser so requests. The Showplace will have no liability for any loss or damage to shipped items.
15. All purchases are subject to 8.375% New York sales tax unless the New York Certificate of Resale tax form is fully and completely filled out and received prior to time of purchase. Resale tax numbers from other states are accepted.
16. Bidding on an item indicates your understanding and acceptance of these Terms of Sale. If a purchaser breaches any of these Terms of Sale, including the obligation The Showplace for purchased items, The Showplace may seek all remedies under the law.
The Showplace may open the bidding on any lot by placing bids on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve. If the item does not reach the reserve the auctioneer may announce the lot to be unsold.
* PLEASE NOTE ALL RUG & PAINTING SIZES & STERLING WEIGHTS ARE APPROXIMATE