Terms and Conditions of auction sale
Please read carefully before bidding. Your bid is a contract. By participating in the sale and bidding, you acknowledge that you are bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. All sales are final. All lots are being sold as is where is, and the Auctioneer and his agents make no guarantees to any items being sold including age, condition, signatures, history, authorship, materials made of and provenance. There are no guarantees to any verbal or written descriptions or statements made by the Auctioneer or his agents. All sizes, weights, condition, and other descriptions given in the auction catalogue are approximate and should be checked by the Buyer or his agent prior to bidding. The only thing which is guaranteed is gold and silver lots according to the marking on the lots or testing done by the Auctioneer prior to the auction. Within 10 days after the auction the Buyer can return the item he bought as gold or silver of described grade in case the grade is not confirmed after the auction. The claim should be accompanied by written conclusion from recognized expert. ARUS AUCTIONS will refund 100% of the hummer price and the buyer?s premium paid by the Buyer. The shipping cost, expertise and other expenses will be not refunded.
2. On all signed artworks (paintings, sculptures, etc.) bought at the auction with $3,000 or higher hammer price the auctioneer grants the buyer 10 days after the end of the auction to obtain professional expertise. All disputes on authenticity must be accompanied by a written opinion by an acknowledged expert in the field. ARUS AUCTIONS will refund 100% of the hummer price and the buyer?s premium paid by the Buyer. The shipping cost, expertise and other expenses will be not refunded. After the mentioned period of 10 days, all sales will be considered final.
3. All bidders should examine and preview lots personally or by their agents to determine the condition and value of the lots they intend to bid. Please keep in mind that you are bidding on used, sometimes antique items which might be not in good condition and definitely have imperfections due to the age and usage. The condition reports given in the lot descriptions are just for reference purpose only and bidders shouldn?t trust them. The Auctioneer will not be liable for any condition inconsistencies. It is up to the bidder to determine the condition.
4. All mechanical items are sold without any warranty. Buyers should inspect or have their technician/mechanic preview such items. The Auctioneer gives no express or implied warranties-no refunds
5. For all In house, absentee, and phone bidders, a buyers premium of 15% will be added to the successful bid price and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. On-line bidders pay 18% buyers premium.
6. 6.25% Massachusetts sales tax will be added to the total purchase price unless the buyer presents a copy of valid resale certificate.
7. The Auctioneer is the final judge in any disputes and may re-open or re-offer the items in question. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bids or bidder and is not responsible for any failure to see or to execute bids. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser.
8. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale or during the auction. - If the auctioneer decides that the highest bid is below the reserve for the article offered, he may reject the bid and withdraw the article from sale. No reserve will exceed the low presale estimate stated in the catalogue.
9. After the Buyer becomes a winning bidder it is the ownership passes to him and it is his responsibility to keep the item safe. Since the moment of sale the Auctioneer is not responsible for any items missing, damaged, or lost after they are sold.
10, All items are sold subject to Massachusetts State Laws .All firearm sales are subject to both state and Federal laws requiring paperwork and possible background checks.
11. All items should be paid for in full before they leave the auction site. All absentee or phone bids should be paid within 5 days after the auction date. Failure to pay will result in lawful action.
12. Buyers should arrange shipping the items they bought. As a courtesy the Auctioneer could deliver small items for shipping to the local shipping store.
13. We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard. money orders and wire transfers. The Auctioneer reserves the right to hold merchandise till checks clear.