C. E. DOUGHTY, SET OF 9 CARVED MERGANSERS, Chebeaque Island, Maine, largest L. 10.5" Good original paint, Mr. Doughty carved these birds using Willy Ross patterns and materials after Ross's death. Provenance: Estate of Mrs. David Dawson, Chadds Ford, PA.
Excellent original condition
WE DO NOT SHIP OR PROVIDE ESTIMATES FOR SHIPPING
SMALL ITEMS: CONTACT MIKE KAUFMAN, MAIL SERVICE CENTER, 610-872-5662,E-MAIL :mailserctraol.com
LARGE ITEMS: CONTACT DON HILL, 724-493-0492
BOTH ARE VERY FAIR AND DO AN EXCELLENT JOB. YOU CAN ALSO ARRANGE FOR YOUR OWN SHIPPING AS WELL WITH THE HANDLER OF YOUR CHOICE.
PAYMENT TO BE MADE WITHIN 10 DAYS OF AUCTION. WE ACCEPT MC VISA, PERSONAL COMPANY CHECKS(MERCHANDISE HELD UNTIL CHECK CLEARS), CASH WIRE TRANSFER (15 FEE)
MAIL PAYMENTS TO:
P O BOX 4365
WILMINGTON, DE 19807
Accepted payment methods
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE!!! WE DO NOT SHIP OR PROVIDE ESTIMATES FOR SHIPPING!
SMALL BOXABLE ITEMS: CONTACT MIKE KAUFMAN, MAIL SERVICE CENTER,610-872-5662, E-MAIL email@example.com.
LARGER ITEMS: CONTACT DON HILL, 724-493-0492,
BOTH ARE VERY FAIR AND DO AN EXCELLENT JOB. YOU CAN ARRANGE FOR YOUR OWN SHIPPING AS WELL WITH THE HANDLER OF YOUR CHOICE.
DUE TO THE LOGISTICS OF THE AUCTIONEER TAKING BIDS FROM BIDDERS IN THE ROOM, ABSENTEE BIDS, AND PHONE BIDS IN ADDITION TO INTERNET BIDDERS, IN SOME CASES TWO OR MORE BIDDERS MAY CLAIM THE SAME BID. THE AUCTIONEER GENERALLY ACKNOWLEDGES ROOM BIDDER AND ABSENTEE BIDS FIRST, AND THEN INTERNET AND PHONE BIDDERS. FOR THIS REASON, SOME INTERNET BIDDERS WHO MAY HAVE SUBMITTED A BID PRIOR TO THE SALE MAY BE SUPERSEDED BY ANOTHER BIDDER. THIS IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, AS WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHEN YOU PLACED YOUR BID OR HOW MUCH THE BID AMOUNT IS. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY CONFUSION CAUSED BY THIS.
MID-ATLANTIC AUCTION will offer the property described in this catalog by the conditions set forth below which may be may be amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale. By bidding at an auction, whether in person or by agent, absentee bid, telephone, Internet or other means, the purchaser or bidder agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any other kind, express or implied. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. MA-A attempts to catalog every lot correctly and will attempt to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog or other descriptions of the lot.
2. As used in these conditions of sale, the term "final bid" means the highest bid acknowledged by the auctioneer and the term "purchase price" means the sum of the final bid plus the premium payable by the buyer, as set forth in Condition 4.
3. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer has the right to reject any bid, to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion and in the event of any dispute between bidders to determine the successful bidder, to continue the bidding or to re-offer and resell the lot in dispute. In the event of any dispute after the sale, MA-A record of final sale shall be conclusive. Live Auctioneers bidders should be aware that auction floor bids taken by the Auctioneer always supersede bids taken online, therefore it is often necessary for Live Auctioneers bidders to bid again to have the contending bid on any particular item.
4. MA-A reserves the right to withdraw any lot before the sale.
5. The purchase price payable by a buyer shall be the sum of the final bid plus a premium of 21%.
6. Title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer upon the fall of the auctioneer's hammer and announcement by the auctioneer that the lot has been sold. The buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and shall pay the full purchase price.
7. No lot may be removed from MA-A premises until the buyer has paid in full the purchase price thereof. In addition to other remedies available by law, auction house reserves the right to impose a late charge of 1 1/2% per month on the purchase price if the buyer does not make payment in full in accordance with these conditions of sale.
8. PAYMENT TERMS
Invoices will be emailed to the email address registered with Live Auctioneers within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Auction and payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE SETTLED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF THE AUCTION DATE! Payment shall be in personal or business check (items held till check clears), money order, cashier's check, visa, mastercard, bank wire transfer (requires an additional Bank wire transfer fee of $15.00). A service charge of $25.00 will be charged for any returned check. PLEASE NOTE: There is a maximum of $25,000 that may be charged to credit cards, per client invoice.
9. REMOVAL OF GOODS, STORAGE & PICK UP
All property is to be packed, shipped or transported at the risk and expense of the Purchaser. MA-A, INC. CANNOT PROVIDE IN-HOUSE SHIPPING OR QUOTES-ALL SHIPPING IS OUTSOURCED. Items are removed from the auction site at the end of the day and returned to our warehouse facility at 309 6th Avenue Wilmington, DE 19805. PICK UP BY TRANSPORT COMPANIES OR INDIVIDUALS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY-PLEASE CALL (302) 633-9470. A signed release with the name and contact information of your shipper must be submitted to MA-A, Inc. before any merchandise can be released.
ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED FROM OUR WAREHOUSE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE END OF THE AUCTION. Items are stored at the risk of the Purchaser. A 24 hour notice is required for any items that are to be picked up and a storage fee of $5.00 per day WILL be assessed per item if not removed within the requested time, regardless of size and value of the lot(s).
10. MA-A shall not be held liable for failure to execute left bids.
11. If any applicable conditions herein are not complied with by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to it by law, including without limitation the right to hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price, MA-A at its option may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (b) resell the property at public auction without reserve or minimum selling price, and the purchaser will be liable for any deficiency and costs, including handling charges, expenses of both sales, the commission on both sales at regular rates, all other charges due hereunder and incidental damages.
12. If we are prevented by fire, theft, or any other reason whatsoever from delivering any property to the purchaser, our liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid, by the purchaser for such property.
13. These terms and conditions of sale, as well as the respective rights and obligations of MA-A and any purchasers or bidder at any sale of MA-A, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Delaware.
STANDARD BID INCREMENTS
We attempt to follow the bid increments as stated below:
0-500 by 25
500-1,000 by 50
1,000-2,500 by 100
2,500-5,000 by 250
5,000-10,000 by 500
10,000-20,000 by 1,000
20,000 and above by Auctioneer's Discretion
MA-A will be pleased to provide a condition report for any lot on request. Nevertheless, prospective buyers are reminded that each lot is sold "as is", and their attention is drawn to term #1.
The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Most of the items we sell are OLD and will have imperfections pursuant to age. We recommend prospective bidders examine all items in which they have an interest. By placing a bid, either in person, by phone, absentee or via the Internet, you signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire to or that you have chosen not to examine them. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you have an expert examine the lot for you or do not bid on the item in question.
WE DON'T GIVE REFUNDS, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.