A LARGE SILVER MENORAH. Hungarian, 18th/19th century. On a round base with ornamental center. Lacking servant lamp. Provenance: BUTTERFIELDS AND BUTTERFIELDS IN HOLLYWOOD ON 10-30 1996 LOT 3623 FOR 27.500.00. 20” tall. Over 70 ounces.
22% up to$100,000.00
Buyer Pays Shipping Cost. There is no charge for delivery within New York City.
Payment is due IMMEDIATELY.
Accepted payment methods
Local Taxes Apply
J GREENSTEIN & COMPANY, INC.
417 CENTRAL AVENUE
CEDARHURST NY 11516
516 - 295 - 2931 PHONE
718 - 376 - 1411 FAX
LIVE, PHONE, INTERNET AND ORDER BIDDING.
THE ENTIRE AUCTION CAN BE VIEWED AND BID ON THROUGH WWW.LIVEAUCTIONEERS.COM
Jonathan E. Greenstein, Chairman of the Board and Expert in Charge: Ritual Art
New York City Department of Consumer Affairs Auctioneer's license: NYC 1144974
Abe Kugielsky, Gallery Director
J. Greenstein & Co., Inc. will be accepting consignments for our fall auction starting in May. Please contact our office for details. If you wish to sell an object or an entire collection without waiting for auction, we can sometimes arrange private sales between consignors and buyers. Furthermore, we have a tremendous contact list of various collectors and museums throughout the world and will be happy to represent your items.
J. Greenstein & Co, Inc. guarantees all lots in this sale to be authentic as described. We pride ourselves on selecting only high quality antique Jewish artifacts. Sadly, in today's Judaica market, most objects are of questionable manufacture. An unwary eye often does not detect fake Judaica. This company guarantees that all items in this catalog are authentic as described, allowing for a 30-year range of dating error.
Jonathan Greenstein is available for appraisals for estate and insurance purposes. In addition, he is available for speaking engagements and slide show presentations at synagogues, museums, schools and other cultural institutions.
When in New York, please visit our new Five Towns antique Judaica gallery located at 417 Central Avenue, Cedarhurst, New York 11516
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The items in the lots of this catalog are sold in AS IS condition. Most of the items offered are quite old and should be inspected for defects and losses prior to bidding. J. Greenstein and Co., Inc. will try to describe these items for the consignor as accurately as possible. However, these descriptions as to age, origin, authorship, and condition are only the OPINIONS of our experts and are not binding. Prospective bidders are encouraged to exercise due diligence prior to bidding.
2. J. Greenstein & Co. retains the right to withdraw any lot prior to, or during the auction, for any reason until time of the auctioneer's sale of that lot.
3. The final purchase price of the lot will be the auctioneer's hammer price plus 22% until $100,000. From $100,001 upwards, the additional premium will be 12%. The purchaser must pay any New York sales tax of 8.875% unless a valid resale number is furnished or is on file with our office.
4. ALL LOTS MAY BE PICKED UP ON TUESDAY, June 26th from 12PM until 5PM at the 417 Central Avenue, Cedarhurst address, and paid for at that time. Delivery in the greater New York area will be made available for those unable to pick up their lots. All other lots will be shipped upon payment for the cost of shipping. There is no charge for handling or packing.
5. The auctioneer will acknowledge the highest bidder. His word is final. The auctioneer reserves the right not to accept any bid he deems unfit. He may advance the bidding up to the reserve (the minimum confidential amount that the consignor is willing to sell the object for). If a dispute arises, the auctioneer has the right to cancel the sale and re-offer the lot.
6. We will accept order bids up until Tuesday night by fax or you may leave them at the auction site up until the time of the auction. We do not accept responsibility for errors and omissions in relation to order or phone bidding.
7. Our experts will be at the viewing. Please feel free to ask them questions and relate any concerns.
8. The auctioneer will determine bidding increments at the time of the execution of each lot. For lots over $1000, the minimum increment shall be no less than $100. For lots over $10,000, the minimum increment shall be no less than $500, and for lots over $50,000, the minimum increment will be no less than $2500.
9. Payment may be made with certified check, money order or with a credit card. Personal or private company checks will not be accepted unless you are known to us, or are willing to wait for the check to clear prior to lot delivery. Sales tax must be collected on all lots unless a valid resale or not-for-profit certificate is given at the time of payment.