Mfg. unknown, exceedingly rare, possible prototype, example features hand controlled figures standing on brass movable base, each activated by levers on sides, involves forward motions and arm actions, mechanism appears on interior, seated on wooden base, figures are hand painted and appear to have metal bodies. 8 1/2" l. x 6 1/2" h.
One lever replaced, overall (Exc. Cond.)
Domestic: Bertoia Auctions will professionally pack, ship and insure any items purchased. Handling, materials, and labor are charged at a rate of 30.00 per hour in addition to actual shipping costs. Minimum Insurance charge of 2.55 with an additional .85 per 100.00. UPS is the standard mode of shipping and all packages are sent with signature confirmation required. A drop-off fee of 15.00 will be added for Priority Mail through the US Post Office. All orders will be invoiced for the sale amount. When that is paid we will then pack and weigh your items and forward the shipping costs to you via email. Once that is paid we will ship your items. Using a credit card is the fastest way to expedite this process. For larger items, we can refer you to a delivery service. Please allow at least 7-10 business days from the receipt of payment for shipping. International: All items will be shipped via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail International. Bertoia Auctions will professionally pack, ship and insure any items purchased. Handling, materials, and labor are charged at a rate of 30.00 per hour in addition to actual shipping costs. Insurance is not added unless specifically requested in writing. All International orders will be invoiced for the sale amount. When that is paid we will then pack and weigh your items and forward the shipping costs to you via email. Once that is paid we will ship your items. Using a credit card is the fastest way to expedite this process. Our policy is to provide accurate information on all customs documentation and all purchases will be noted as merchandise. For larger purchases, we can refer you to a delivery service. Tracking information will be forwarded upon shipping.
Payment may be made by cash (in house), personal check, money order, bank wire transfer, VISA or MasterCard, Bid pay, or PayPal. There is a wire transfer charge of 35.00 domestic and 45.00 international that you must add to your payment if you choose this method. If paying with a credit card, a signed credit card authorization form will be required at time of payment. The credit card authorization form is available to download on our website. Please fill out the form and fax it to our main office at (856)692-8697. PayPal payments are accepted. Please make payments to toysbertoiaauctions.com. Due to new security updates regarding transference of funds, all money orders must be made payable to Jeanne Bertoia.
Accepted payment methods
3.5% NJ Sales tax applies for all purchases made at Bertoia Auctions galleries for bidders without a tax exempt ID. 7% NJ Sales tax applies to all packages shipped within NJ residents without a tax exempt ID.
1. In publishing this catalog, Bertoia Auctions has endeavored to accurately describe all items being sold, but all property herein offered for sale is strictly "as is" and it is the bidder's responsibility whether bidding in person, by mail, or by telephone, to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in this catalog, bill of sale, invoice, or elsewhere by any representative of or person in the employ of Bertoia Auctions shall be deemed to be a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any of these items. Any such statements are strictly matters of opinion.
2. The Auctioneer will be the final judge as to which bidder is the highest bidder. In the event of any dispute in this matter, the auctioneer shall at his discretion decide to reopen the bidding or not.
3. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the Auctioneer's "hammer." The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility of the lot purchased once title has passed.
4. The buyer shall be required to pay New Jersey Sales Tax (3.5%) unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax.
5. Absentee Bids
Mail or fax: As a service to our customers who cannot attend the sale in person, Bertoia Auctions will execute absentee bids if so authorized by mail or fax. All lots purchased for absentee bidders will be done so at the lowest possible price regardless of the amount of the order bid. We cannot execute "buy" bids. In the event of tie bids between absentee bidders and those present at the auction, preference will be given to the attending bidder. In the event of identical bids from absentee bidders, preference will be given to the first received. Absentee bidders should use the enclosed form and clearly mark the lot number, title and maximum bid. A 20% deposit will be required with all absentee bids. In the event that items purchased by absentee bid are not fully paid for within 15 days, the 20% deposit will be forfeited and the item will be resold.
Telephone Bids: As an added courtesy to our absentee bidders, Bertoia Auctions will have telephone lines available for absentee bidders who would like to participate by phone during the auction.
To qualify for a phone line, the same procedure for absentee bids must be followed (see above). The absentee bid form must be completed and mailed or faxed with lot #, title, maximum bid ordered and a request for "PHONE."
If the item has reached more than your bid order, you may at that time continue the bidding by phone. If it sells for less than your bid price, then like all absentee bids, it is yours for the hammer price . . . regardless of the amount of your bid.
In the event of more than six requests for a phone line on a particular lot, preference will be given to the six highest bidders.
Bertoia Auctions cannot guarantee that all phone requests will be honored. Due to heavy demand at certain segments of the auction, it may be impossible to have a line available. Although Bertoia Auctions will try to accommodate each and every request, we cannot assume responsibilities for any missed calls due to human or technical error. In the event of a missed call, the written absentee bid will still be executed.
Requests for phone lines must
be received no later than 5 p.m. on the Wednesday before the Auction.
6. Shipping: Bertoia Auctions will professionally pack, ship and insure any items purchased. There is minimum $25.00 shipping and handling charge, however shipments may exceed this charge. Minimum Insurance charge of $2.55, additionally .85 per $100.00 and $3.75 per box signature confirmation. UPS is the standard mode of shipping. For larger items, we can refer you to a delivery service. Please allow at least 7-10 business days for shipping from receipt of payment.
7. All Sales Are Final.
8. All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale unless other arrangements have been made beforehand. An interest charge of 1.5% will be added to any payment received after 30 days from auction date.
9. Payment may be made in American dollars by cash or personal check if credit has been established with Bertoia Auctions, or a letter of bank guarantee from your local bank. We reserve the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until such check has cleared the bank. We also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and PayPal. Please contact the office for Domestic or International Wire Transfer information.
10. Bertoia Auctions are not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog or in the subsequent price key. Photographs in this catalog are of the actual objects being sold but exact condition of the objects offered takes precedence on the day of sale.
11. In bidding on any lot here offered the bidder indicates acceptance of these Terms of Sale.
12. Bertoia Auctions and their representatives reserve the right to refuse admission or to request the departure of any person/persons that are acting in a manner unbecoming to the success of the auction preview or auction.
13. A 20 ½ % buyer's premium will be added to all successful bids and payable as part of the total purchase price, or if paid by check, money order, or cash, a discounted 18% buyer's premium will apply. All internet bidding subject to 23 ½ % buyer's premium, discounted to 21% if paid with check, money order, or cash.
For additional information regarding the Terms of Sale or any other matter relevant to this auction contact:
2141 DeMarco Drive
Vineland, NJ 08360
Definition of Gradings:
Mint Out of Box Condition
Near Mint 98% Plus
Pristine 93% - 98%
Excellent 90% - 93%
Very Good 80% - 89%
Good 70% - 79%
Fair 69% or under