Scenery Painting of boat on river, ink on rice paper.
Please see Terms and Conditions
Please see Terms and Conditions
Accepted payment methods
Local Taxes Apply
CONDITIONS OF SALES
All property offered and sold through Four Seasons Auctioneers shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions set forth below. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. All properties sold as is. All sales are final. There are neither returns nor refund. We do our best to describe each lot correctly, correctness on the physical conditions, size, material, importance authenticity, attribution, provenance, exhibitors, literature, historical relevant of any lots and any statement are not warranted. While the auctioneer has endeavored not to mislead in the description issued, such descriptions are statements are solely opinions and no warranty of the correctness of such description is made. No sale will be set aside on account of any imperfections and conditions not noted. Opportunity to inspect the item is available prior to auction begins or on preview date. It is the responsibility of the buyer to inspect the article prior to purchase and it is encouraged to do so.
2. A 20% buyer’s premium will be added to the hammer price and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. The buyer’s premium is 20% of the hammer price up to and including $10,000, 18% of any amount in excess of $10,000 up to and including $ 50,000, and 15% of any amount in excess of $50,000.
3. All purchases (including buyers premium) will be subject to harmonized sales tax of 13% unless (1) the buyer is not a resident in Ontario and lots are being shipped out of the country or (2) the purchaser has a valid tax – exempt certificate ( an actual resale certificate must be presented and on file with Four Seasons Auctioneers).
4. All items are sold to the highest bidder as acknowledged by the auctioneer. The auctioneer has the right to reject any bid, withdraw any lot from sale, advance the bidding or set bidding increments. The auctioneer is the arbiter of any disputed bid. He may reopen bidding at his discretion and reject bids deemed inappropriate. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to reoffer the item at another time.
5. Each lot may be subjected to an unpublished reserve which may be changed at any time by agreement between the auctioneer and the consignor. The auctioneer may bid or direct an employee to bid, on behalf of the consignor as agreed between them. In addition, the auctioneer may accept and submit absentee, telephone bids and online bids, to be executed by an employee of the auctioneer, pursuant to the instructions of prospective purchasers not in attendance at the auction.
6. Every effort is made by the auctioneer to execute all bids, including floor, absentee, telephone and internet bids. We are not responsible for any missed bids.
7. All buyers should note that some countries do not allow the importation of lots containing materials made from endangered species. This includes, but not limited to, ivory coral and tortoise shell. Please check with relevant import and customs regulations prior to bidding.
8. All property purchased from Four Seasons Auctioneers must be paid within 7 days after the auction. If the invoice has not been paid within 14 days after the auction, Four Seasons Auctioneers will consider the sale void and may resale the property. All property purchased from Four Seasons Auctioneers must be removed within 60 days after the auction date. Four Seasons Auctioneers will not be responsible for paid items left for over 60 days after the auction date. (unless a prior agreement has been made). Items left after 60 days will incur a $10/day storage fee per item. Once storage fees have exceeded the actual purchase price of the item(s) Four Seasons Auctioneers can exercise the right to re-auction.
9. If any part of these conditions of sale is found by any court to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the balance of the conditions shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. By bidding at auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, internet bid or other means, Four Seasons Auctioneers will keep the bidder’s contact information for future auction or news event notifications, unless bidder specifically notify our auction house to remove their name from such list.
11. All items not being picked up at the gallery will be shipped by shipping companies from our suggested list of shippers. Four Seasons Auctioneers does not handle any shipping. Buyers must contact shipping company directly after the auction to arrange shipment and payment for shipping. A shipping release form is also required to be filled out and sign in order for us to release the item to the shipping company.
12. Payment are made in:
• cash (in house only)
• wire transfer (contact Four Seasons Auctioneers for wire transfer method)
• credit cards (MasterCard, visa, AMEX & discover)
• debit card over the phone
• money order, certified check, approved personal or business check with proper identification.
13. Any person attending Four Seasons Auctioneers premises before, during or after the sale, shall deem to be there at their own risk and shall have no claim against Four Seasons Auctioneers in respect of any injury, personal or property damage which caused. Four Seasons Auctioneers reserves the right to refuse admission of any person or group to attend any preview or auction in Four Seasons Auctioneers sole discretion.