A 1962 composite Alva Museum Replica of the Charioteer of Delphi, also known as Heniokhos. It is marked '1962 Alva Museum Replicas INC' and it is mounted on a black and white marble base, about H: 13 ¾ in (35cm). The real statue is one of the best known statues surviving Ancient Greece and is considered one of the finest examples of ancient bronze sculpture. The life-size (1.8m) statue of a chariot driver was found in 1896 at the Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi. It is now in the Delphi Archaeological Museum. Alva Museum Replicas History (1948 – 1990): Replicas were designed by Alva Studios, operated by Alfred Wolkenberg. Alfred was born in Vienna in 1911 and immigrated to the US in 1939. In 1948 he founded Alva Studios of Long Island City, NY. He had many artists and designers who were commissioned to produce reproductions of ancient jewelry and sculpture. All the pieces were marked Alva Museum Replicas and sold at museums worldwide. His Egyptian Revival, Greek Revival, Ancient and Oriental jewelry is highly collectable.