We are exceptionally proud to showcase this huge late 19th century masterfully hand painted Austrian porcelain cylinder vase from the famed Count Thun Factory in Klosterle, Bohemia, Austria. Our example stands 4.75 x 4.75 x 14.75 inches tall, weighs a hefty 4# 2 oz. and carries the fabled P.H. Leonard double crown & shield Vienna Austria mark, used from 1890-1898. This incredible vase features both blossoming pink and yellow Tea Roses on a broad leaf background, and both the details and depth of colors are simply spectacular. Please see the history of the double crown & shield below, and be cognizant of the fact that the reputation of the Count Thun porcelain was equal to the quality porcelain coming from the former Imperial and Royal Porcelain Manufactories in Vienna! Our giant cylinder vase is a scarce and valuable stand alone Austrian display. Research consulted: Marks on German, Bohemian and Austrian Porcelain 1710 to the Present / by Robert Rontgen; Directory of European Porcelain / by Ludwig Danckert; Bohemian Decorated Porcelain / by Dr. James D Henderson; Marks & Monograms on European and Oriental Pottery & Porcelain (14th Revised Edition) / by Wm. Chaffers. xxxxxxxxxxxx.In 1880 Peter H Leonard started his own import company after dissolving a partnership for Klingenberg & Leonard. Peter used the advent of his son Harry P Leonard joining the company to initiate the purchase and decoration of high quality Bohemian White Ware from both Bawo & Dotters factory in Fischern, Bohemia, Austria and Count Thuns Factory (ca. 1819 to 1945) in Klosterle, Bohemia, Austria ca. 1889. The double shield & crown Vienna China trademark was reserved for quality Count Thuns factory White Ware, and the PH Leonard artistry was so respected, that Count Thun allowed a Leonard mark to be substituted for his own. In 1898, PH Leonard was forced to close, and at that point, according to James Henderson, three other New York importers used the double shield and crown mark in the early 1900s including, Bawo & Dotter, Charles L Dwenger, and Paul A Straub & Co. History records PH Leonard was the first to use the mark from 1890 until 1898, and subsequently Bawo & Dotter after Leonard’s demise until 1913, when the B & D factory also closed. Charles L Dwenger used it until approximately 1917, and then as best as we can ascertain, Paul A Straub had stewardship from ca. 1918 into the 1920s. The only apparently immutable fact is that for the life of its use, all the importers honored PH Leonard, and the double shield & crown mark was reserved exclusively for the Count Thun factory in Klosterle, Bohemia. This particular line was supposed to be the equal to the quality porcelain coming from the former Imperial and Royal Porcelain Manufactories in Vienna, and it is indeed first rate, as collectors are aware.