A Fabergé gold, diamond and turquoise brooch, workmaster Oscar Pihl, Moscow, circa 1895. Struck with workmaster's mark, Fabergé in Cyrillic, 56 standard, and the mark of the Moscow assay office. In Art Nouveau taste, the two overlapping ovals set with four oval cabochon turquoise and three larger Old European cut diamonds, the remainder of the bands set with Old Mine or rose cut diamonds. The reverse of the pin finished in 14 karat (56 standard) gold and the pin has a guard to protect the wearer's fingers and clothing. Width: 1 1/4 in. (3.2 cm). Illustrated: Ulla Tillander-Godenhielm, Fabergé ja hänen suomalaiset mestarinsa, Helsinki: Tammi, 2008, p. 352 and Ulla Tillander-Godenhielm, Fabergén suomalaistet maristet, Helsinki: Tammi, 2011, p. 249. Pihl headed his Moscow workshop from 1887-1897 and produced mostly small, exquisite jeweled items for Fabergé.