19TH C SKELETON KEYS: 5 @ skeleton keys with a tag reading, "RETURN TO Chancery Lane Safe Deposit & Offices Coyle London WC or Nearest Police Station". The Chancery Lane Safe Deposit opened in 1876 as a place for individuals to store their personal valuables in strong rooms, it lives on today as the London Silver Vaults. The current history of the company is best related in their own words, " The original building was bomb-damaged during World War Two. It was re-built as retail units, at the request of many of the silver dealers who had previously rented space there, and opened in its present format in 1953. As knowledge of the Vaults’ shops began to spread, they became a “must” for both British and international visitors who came to buy quality antique English silver at competitive prices. In the 1950s many American servicemen stationed in the UK came here to buy silver to take home to their wives and mothers. English diplomats were required to buy their ‘silver service’ from the Vaults prior to an overseas posting. Film stars, rock stars and royalty have all shopped at The London Silver Vaults. Now world renowned, it houses some 30 specialist shops within its walls." Ref. http://silvervaultslondon.com/about/our-history/. Two keys from this ring and 3 late 18th to early 19th century skeleton keys. PROVENANCE: From the personal collection of an extraordinary St. Petersburg, Florida gentleman collector and dealer.