***PLEASE REGISTER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO GUARANTEE APPROVAL FOR THIS AUCTION***
NOTE: 3% SURCHARGE TO ALL INTERNATIONAL BANK CARDS - ALSO ALL BANK FEES ARE PAID BY THE PURCHASER
Buyers premium of 20% on the hammer price plus VAT at 20% is payable on all lots. (The VAT rate may alter and will be levied at the appropriate rate.) Lots purchased via www.liveauctioneers.com will incur an additional 3% charge plus VAT at 20%.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Buyers - Sale Terms & Conditions
1. Buyers premium of 20% on the hammer price plus VAT at 20% is payable on all lots. (The VAT rate may alter and will be levied at the appropriate rate.) Lots purchased via www.liveauctioneers.com will incur an additional 3% charge plus VAT at 20%.
2. Payment of all bought lots must be made within 21 days following the sale. Hannams Auctioneers reserves the right to cancel any sale after this period, or where he deems it to be in the Sellers best interests, at the Auctioneers discretion.
3. Hannams Auctioneers will not release goods to any buyer in the saleroom, until cheques have been cleared. A period of five working days will be needed to clear the cheques, and a period of 2 days for bank transfers.
4. Lots may be cleared during sale days, however a paid invoice must be produced to a member of staff, payments can be made to cashiers in the Accounts Department.
5. Lots may also be cleared after the sale has concluded, Full ownership of a lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer until full payment has been made to the Auctioneer of 'the total amount due'.
6. Free storage of all lots will be provided for five working days following the sale, after this time has elapsed, a storage charge of £5.00 plus VAT per lot per day will be levied, and must be paid upon collection of the items.
7. Bidding ''(a) Paddles: Any perspective buyers are asked to complete a paddle registration card prior to the auction, a full address and form of identification will be requested at this time. When a buyer is successful he/she will hold the paddle aloft and the auctioneer will record the paddle number as the buyer of the lot''(b) For customers unable to attend the auction they may leave an Absentee bid with the auctioneer, also known as a Commission or Written bid. We are happy to execute these bids on your behalf and will purchase the lot as cheaply as possible, other bids and reserves permitting. Forms are available in the saleroom during the viewing period and in the back of the catalogue. Once completed can be returned to the auctioneers office. Absentee and telephone bids are offered as a free service and at the buyer's risk, we cannot accept liability for any failure to place such bids. Lots will be purchased by the auctioneers on behalf of the commission bidders as cheaply as is allowed by other bids and/or reserves if any. Buy bids are not permitted by the auctioneer. the auctioneers cannot accept responsibility for any neglect or default in executing or failing to execute commission bids.'(c) The auctioneers reserves the right to re-offer any lot in the case of a dispute. The bidding increments will be at the sole discretion of the auctioneer.
8. Liability of Auctioneers and Sellers Goods sold are not new and all goods are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. Illustrations in the catalogue are for identification only.'(a) Buyers should prior to the sale satisfy themselves as to the condition of each lot and whether or not in their own judgment the lot accords with the description.(b) Neither the Auctioneers the seller or their servants are responsible for cataloguing errors or for the authenticity of any lot and''(c) The Auctioneers the seller or their servants and agents give no warranty whatsoever other than hereinafter contained to any buyer in respect of any lot and any express or implied conditions or warranties are hereby excluded. (d) Any lot which proves to be a deliberate forgery may be returned to the Auctioneer within 28 days of the relevant auction provided that it is in the same condition as when bought. If the Auctioneer is satisfied from the evidence presented by you that the lot is a deliberate forgery, the Auctioneer shall refund the price paid by you for the lot including any buyer?s premium. The Auctioneer shall not have any liability for any consequential loss suffered by you (whether as buyer or seller or otherwise) as a result of the lot being a deliberate forgery.
9. Where a member of the public causes damage to a Lot (or part thereof) the Auctioneer reserves the right to:''(a) sell the aforementioned without reserve and to hold that specific individual liable for the amount of any difference between the hammer price and the reserve or lower estimate whichever might be higher or ''(b) for the cost of the restoration where appropriate''or ''(iii) for the full amount of the reserve price or lower estimate which ever be the higher'' Note: that with the exception of Condition 10(c) title to the Lot will remain solely with the seller.
Sellers ' Sale Terms and Conditions
Sellers Commission: 15% of the hammer price, plus VAT,
1. 1. £5 plus VAT lotting fee on each sold item & 1.5% insurance charge.
2. (a) Title: The Seller of any Lot warrants to the Auctioneer and Buyer that the Seller is the true owner of the property, or is legally authorized to sell the property by its true owner, and is able to give good title to the property, with no third party able to lay claim, and that the Seller will indemnify the Auctioneer and Buyer from any loss or damage suffered by either as a result of any breach of the terms of this clause by the Seller.'(b) The Seller will confirm with Hannams Auctioneers, prior to the auction of any alteration to the Lot of which the Seller is, or should made aware, or of suggestions made to the Seller by a third party that relate to condition, ownership or attribution of the Lot.
3. Reserves are subject to 10% discretion unless advised by the vendor. Once fixed, reserves must be altered 24 hours before the auction is due to take place with permission of the Auctioneers. Where a reserve has been placed, only the Auctioneer may bid on behalf of the Seller. The Auctioneer reserves the right to sell at a hammer price below the reserve, but in such case the sale proceeds to the Seller shall be the same as if the lot had sold at reserve. If instructed to sell without reserve, the lot shall be sold to the highest bidder on the day of the auction.
4. Insurance: The Auctioneers will insure lots at the lower end of their pre sale estimate or initial agreed reserve, whichever is the greater value, if the items have not been sold. Hannams Auctioneers will not be responsible for loss or damage to the exterior features of Paintings (frames or glass), Prints or Watercolours, or for loss or damage to any property caused by temperature change, handing errors or humidity changes.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to cancel any sale at any time, should they deem it necessary, this will be at Hannams Auctioneers discretion.
6. Unsold Lots: The Auctioneer will notify the Seller of any unsold items within 7 days of the sale. The Seller can either re-offer the lot(s) with a 50% reduction on the originally agreed reserve, or collect the lot(s) within 14 days. If the auctioneers have not received instructions within 10 days either by phone or email, the lot(s) will be re-offered without reserve and sold to the highest bidder. Where a request has been made for a seller to remove goods from the saleroom, and they are not removed within 21 days of such a request, the aforementioned conditions will apply.
7. Withdrawn Lots: If the Seller withdraws a lot from auction, the Seller will pay Hannams Auctioneers a withdrawal fee of 5% of the agreed reserve or lower end of estimate. The Seller must notify the Auctioneers in writing of their intention to withdraw a Lot, this fee will be used to cover such handling charges, printing or photography costs.
8. Illustration: All lots will be illustrated online for no fee, however a £10 fee may be initiated if an image is printed in the Auction catalogue. The Auctioneers reserve the right to reproduce photographs of Lots for any purpose, including future post sale advertising.
9. After Sales: If any lot fails to reach its agreed reserve, the Seller authorizes Hannams Auctioneers, as exclusive agent, for a period of 7 days following the auction to sell the lot privately. All terms and conditions apply to such sales.
10. Sale Proceeds will be released 28 days after the auction, except where payment has not been received by the Auctioneers and it is held in their opinion to be in the Sellers' best interests to extend the period for the Buyer to make payment in full. In such cases, Hannams Auctioneers will remit the sale proceeds within 21 days of the day on which the total amount due is received from the Buyer. Hannams Auctioneers reserves the right to retain any interest on accruing monies being held pending settlement to Sellers. A charge will be made to Sellers for payments other than in sterling.
11. The Seller authorizes Hannams Auctioneers to deduct agreed commission at the stated rates or agreed rates outside of standard charges, and any expenses, from the hammer price, and acknowledges the Auctioneers' right to retain the Buyers Premium in accordance with the Buyers Conditions.
12. Hannams Auctioneers must be notified in writing of any change of address of the Seller. Where a seller is 'unknown' at their stated address, and correspondence is returned to the Auctioneers offices, Hannams Auctioneers reserve the right to offer their goods for sale without reserve to be sold to the highest bidder, after a period of 28 days from the initial posting. Any monies realised will be held by Hannams Auctioneers until claimed by the Seller. All other terms and conditions will be held to apply.
13. Hannams Auctioneers sell as agents and as such are not responsible for any default by the Buyer.
14. Estimates. Hannams Auctioneers makes no warranty as to the anticipated selling price of property. Estimates are offered only as a guide and not a statement of fact.
Hannam's Auctioneers offer an online bidding service via for bidders who cannot attend the sale.
In completing the bidder registration and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with Hannam's Auctioneers :
- authorise Hannam's Auctioneers , if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction, and
- confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Hannam's Auctioneers and agree that Hannam's Auctioneers are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
Hannams Auctioneers reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions without notification to clients.