This is an exceptionally scarce original Pre-WWII Japanese large type Model 1902 Nambu pistol 1st Variation commonly referred to as a â€œPapaâ€ Nambu version (the larger version of the Baby Nambu). The Papa Nambu 1902 was issued to Japanese Army & Navy high ranking Officers. Approximately 5700 total were produced before production changed to the later standard Type 14 Nambu model. This is a very scarce limited production Tokyo Gas and Electric Company â€œTGEâ€ manufactured Papa Nambu. Most of the â€œTGEâ€ Papa Nambu pistols were produced with an anchor for Naval Officers, making this an immensely rare non-Naval marked â€œTGEâ€ pistol (very few of these still exist). The pistol is from the estate of former U.S. WWII Soldier William A. Dietsch and was sent home from the Pacific Theater during WWII with a full magazine of seven bullets in the original holster with lanyard. The firearm sells with the original bring back War Department mail papers showing William A. Dietsch and â€œ1 Jap Pistol #896 (matching number)â€ signed by Kenneth E. Young Lt. Col. Infantry Headquarters Commandant. Comes with seven Japanese 8mm bottlenecked pistol unfired bullets brought back in the magazine (correct Papa Nambu magazine with SN# 754). The piece was shipped home with the carry papers, seven rounds in the magazine, the pistol, and the original scarce authentic Papa Nambu hard clam shell leather holster with lanyard. Marked on the right side with Kanji characters and serial number 896 (very early â€œTGEâ€ along with Kanji characters on the original checkered wood grips. Top marked with the intertwined â€œTGEâ€ Tokyo Gas and Electric Company arsenal and shows the adjustable tangent rear sight calibrated from 50-500 meters and a fixed inverted â€œvâ€ front sight. The left side is marked with the Kanji characters also. All matching serial number parts. Condition: shows 70% to 80% condition with very slight pitting indicative of its jungle use. Bright bore. Extremely Rare original pistol. The pistol has not been fired since it was sent home by William A. Dietsch in 1945.