awarded each year (except the war years 1942-48) from 1940 to 1969 to the winner of an annual golf outing sponsored by Hayden, Stone & Co. for the Chief Executive Officers of the most prominent investment banking firms of that period. The invitees would pair up and the winning team would receive smaller copies of this trophy cup. Hayden, Stone & Co. was a major securities firm founded in 1892 by Charles Hayden and Galen L. Stone. The firm was at one time the third largest American investment banking and brokerage firm. It was acquired by Cogan, Berlind, Weill & Levitt in 1972, and was part of the group of organizations which ultimately in 1981 would become Shearson/American Express. Gorham Manufacturing Company, circa 1939-40. Cup weight 95.795 ozt. Oxidation, solder residue under cup where attached to later base, breaks and damage to wooden base, separations to silver band around base. The Trophy was displayed in a glass display case in the entry hall of Hayden, Stone’s executive offices at 25 Broad Street, near Wall Street in New York City, where the consignor was an Executive Vice President, member of the Board of Directors, member of the Executive Board of Eight, and Chairman of the Finance Committee.The cup was given to the consignor and has been in his home for many years, sometimes used as a display for plants, once considered as a base for a lamp, but thankfully still remains in its original form. Trophy: 21" high, 16 1/4" wide. Base: 8 1/4" high, 11 1/2" diameter. Total height 29 1/4" high. Provenance: Property of a New Canaan CT Collector.