A HARDMAN PECK MAHAGONY BABY GRAND PIANO
With piano bench, the harp-form case over tapering square legs set on casters, above a three-pedal action, the fingerboard stamped ---- and ----. Length 62 3/4 in. (159.38 cm.), Width 57 3/4 in. (146.68 cm.), Height 39 in. (99.06 cm.)
Hardman Peck was a piano manufacturer established in New York City in 1842 by Hugh Hardman. Hugh's brother John joined the company in 1874 and Leopold Peck became a partner in 1890. In 1890 the name was changed to Hardman, Peck & Co. Hardman was considered one of the distinguished piano manufacturers of this era, with a worldwide reputation for the utmost in reliability. Hardman pianos were noted for their technical qualities, for their purity, delicacy, the artistic beauty of their cases, and for their remarkable durability. Hardman pianos were once the official piano of the Metropolitan Opera Company in New York.
Hardman, Peck & Company
The Hardman name is one of the more illustrious names in American piano manufacturing. Hugh Hardman is first listed in New York's piano industry as early as 1842, the date that Hardman, Peck & Company claims as their date of establishment. Hardman headed his own firm building pianos under his own name until 1877 when he went into partnership with his son, John Hardman, establishing the firm of 'Hardman & Company'.