(1799-1881 Belgian) Scene with child and ducks, framed oil on canvas, signed and dated 1824 lower left, approximate work size 16 3/4" x 21 1/2", frame 22 1/2" x 28".
Re-lined and re-stretched on newer stretcher bars, housed in 1920s picture frame, fine paint crackle to surface, darkening to surface, scattered inpainting, 2 small hole restorations below goose in center.
BUNTE AUCTION SERVICES DOES NOT SHIP! Buyers may choose a shipping company to their liking. We have provided a list of local shippers on our website.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, cashier checks and money orders. Please pay PayPal through email@example.com.
Accepted payment methods
The property listed in this catalogue is offered for sale by Bunte Auction Services, Inc. as agent for the consignors (sellers). The following Terms and Conditions of Auction, Information for Buyers and Sellers, posted notices, and verbal announcements at the time of sale by the auctioneer are the conclusive statements of terms and conditions for this auction. Submitting any bid, whether in person, in writing, by telephone, or any other means, the buyer acknowledges and accepts these terms and conditions.
1. The highest bidder is to be the buyer. If any dispute arises between bidders, the lot in dispute shall, at the discretion of the auctioneer, either be re-offered for sale or sold as stated. In any event, the auctioneer?s decision will be final. If a dispute arises after the auction, our sales record will be deemed final. Invoices are subject to audit for error and the bidder is responsible for paying any balance due therein.
2. Bidders are required to register prior to the sale and must use the number issued to them when they are the successful bidder. No transfer will be recognized from one buyer to another.
3. We reserve the right to reject any bid or any raise not commensurate with the value of the item being sold. We also reserve the right to ask for a deposit from the bidder of twenty-five percent (25%) or more of the purchase price at any time.
4. If a reserve price (the confidential minimum below which a lot will not be sold) is established on any lot, we may implement the reserve bidding on behalf of the consignor.
5. All statements made by the auctioneer prior to the auction of any item take precedence over written material and any prior verbal statements.
6. We reserve the right to withdraw any property at any time prior to the actual auction and to announce at any time additional terms and conditions of sale.
7. If Bunte?s is prevented by fire, theft, or any other reason whatsoever from delivering any property to the purchaser, our liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid by the purchaser.
8. If (a) within fourteen (14) days of the sale of any lot the buyer gives notice to us in writing that the lot is not as described (authenticity, condition, approximate size, or any other discrepancy) based on a fair reading of the catalogue, (b) within seven (7) days after the date of such written notice gives us written proof from a recognized, impartial expert which establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that the item in question is not as described and that such was not indicated by a fair reading of the catalogue or the auctioneer?s comments at the time of sale, and (c) within thirty (30) days of the sale returns the lot in the same condition as the day of the auction, the sale will be rescinded and a full refund will be made. Goods cannot be returned for any reason after thirty (30) days from day of auction. Therefore, failure to arrange shipping, possession, and examination of lot(s) within this time frame renders all sales final. (*Exception: all coin purchases are final once they have left our building, whether via buyer or shipper. No returns.)
9. Removal of property must be made within thirty (30) days. Purchases not removed within thirty (30) days will be sold without further notice and the money realized after expenses will then be credited to the buyer?s account. Lots picked up in person by buyer or proxy must be inspected for damages before leaving the building. No refunds will be issued once they have left the premises.
10. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not chosen from our shippers list. In no event will we be liable for damage to glass or frames regardless of the cause.
11. This is a privately owned and operated sale. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person.
12. RECEIPT OF $10,000.00 OR MORE The Federal government requires all businesses to report any money collected over $10,000.00 per transaction in the form of cash, money order, cashier?s check, traveler?s check, or bank check. An 8300 form must be filled out by Bunte Auction and sent to the Internal Revenue Service. We will need personal information as follows: name, address, date of birth, driver?s license number, and social security number or Federal ID number.
13. Buyers are not able to check-out/pay for their items prior to receiving an invoice.
14. BUNTE AUCTION SERVICES DOES NOT SHIP! Buyers may choose a shipping company to their liking. We have provided a list of local shippers on our website.