Abell DOES NOT offer shipping services. The buyer is responsible for arranging and paying all packing and shipping costs for the removal and shipment of their purchases. Abell will furnish recommendations to area shippers. Buyers may pick up their items from our facility in Los Angeles. Local pickups will be subject to CA sales tax unless a state issued Resale Certificate is submitted at the time of the pick up. Successful first-time buyers that wish to purchase via credit card will have a ten-day hold on the release of the property. Any purchased items with a question of authentication must be addressed within thirty (30) days of the sale date; there are no exceptions.
USD Check, Bank wire, VISA, Mastercard, Discover Card, American Express.
We do not accept Paypal. Payment is required within 3 business days.
Accepted payment methods
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR ON LINE BIDDING
This Auction is presented by Abell Auction and Live Auctioneers and is conducted under these Terms and Conditions as well as applicable state and local law. By participating in the auction, buyer affirmatively represents and acknowledges that he or she has read and understood the terms and conditions of sale set forth herein, and agrees to be bound by the same.
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Abell's shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that a lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
Abell Auction may request a credit card from anyone who has not had previous buying history with Abell. Any purchaser paying with a credit card over the telephone is subject to a ten (10) day hold on the release of property. ALL INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS MUST SUBMIT PAYMENT BY WIRE; please contact Abell for wiring instructions. Successful first-time buyers that wish to purchase via credit card will have a ten-day hold on the release of the property.
No condition report will be provided after 12:00 noon PST the day before scheduled auction.
All payment must be made within three (3) working days following the auction. ABELL DOES NOT PROVIDE SHIPPING AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PACKING, SHIPPING OR REMOVAL OF PROPERTY, including work conducted by third party representatives. A list of qualified shippers is available upon request.
1. A BUYER'S PREMIUM of twenty three percent (23%) will be charged to all successful bidders using the Live Auctioneers (Internet).
2. Buyer specifically acknowledges that ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD "AS IS" "WHERE IS". Buyer further acknowledges that no statement made at any time, whether oral or written, by the auctioneer or staff, shall constitute an express or implied warranty or representation. There are no warranties which have extended beyond the face hereof. Upon request Abell will provide a condition report on any lot with a low estimate of $1,000 and up. Abell strongly recommends that you or your agent personally inspect all items before bidding. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client. It is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Abell shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. Buyer further acknowledges that the absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging. Abell shall not guarantee the age and/or authenticity of items. It is entirely up to the bidder to determine age and/or authenticity of items. Catalogs, including on-line catalogs and brochures are guides only and are based on sources believed to be reliable but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
3. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Quantities must be checked before removal from Abell, as adjustments will not be made after removal from the premises. All purchases must be removed from the premises at the purchaser's expense no later than seven (7) working days after the purchase date. ABELL DOES NOT PROVIDE SHIPPING AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PACKING, SHIPPING OR REMOVAL OF PROPERTY, including work conducted by third party representatives. A list of qualified shippers is available upon request.
4. BIDDERS using the Live Auctioneers platform must submit their registration for pre-approval no later than two business days prior to the commencement of the auction. Abell shall not be responsible for bids submitted after this deadline. Abell shall not be responsible for failing to execute any bids, or errors relating to its execution of such bids, whether by human, mechanical or electronic means. The decision of the Auctioneer and declaration of the successful Bidder is final. A credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express) is required for internet and phone bidding.
5. PAYMENT shall be made at the close of auction. Abell reserves the right to request immediate payment for an individual lot as well as a completed invoice. All buyers shall, at the time the purchase is paid, pay any state and local sales taxes, unless legal documentation is on file with Abell exempting buyers from such payments.
6. If any conditions contained in this document are not complied with by the buyer, Abell, in addition to asserting all remedies available by law including the right to hold such defaulting buyer liable for the purchase price, may: (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages any payment paid by the buyer, (b) resell the property without reserve at public auction or privately, on seven days notice to the buyer, and/or (c) charge the buyer the highest interest permitted by law until paid in full, and/or (d) take such other action as it deems necessary or appropriate. If Abell resells the property, the original defaulting buyer shall be liable for the payment of any deficiency in the purchase prize and all costs and expenses, including warehousing, the expenses of both sales, reasonable attorney's fees, commissions, incidental damages and all other charges due hereunder. Any buyer who fails to comply with the conditions contained in this document will be deemed to have granted Abell's security interest in any property owned by such buyer that is in Abell's possession. Abell shall have the benefit of all rights of a secured party under the California Uniform Commercial Code.
7. Should any action be brought to enforce any of the terms and/or conditions set forth in this document, the prevailing party shall be entitled to all court costs and actual attorney's fees incurred.
8. Forms of payment for internet (Live Auctioneers) bidders: Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express card.
Abell does not handle any inquiries regarding shipment; please contact Abell at 323.724.8102 for a list of recommended third-party vendors. Successful first-time buyers that wish to purchase via credit card will have a ten-day hold on the release of the property.
Abell makes no warranty or guarantee whatsoever regarding the jewelry, its colored stones, diamonds, other gem materials, or metals, or as to their status as natural, treated, earth mined, man-made or other. Appraisals, descriptions, photographs, are offered as a service and are not intended to be a complete analysis of the qualities and conditions of the jewelry. All identifications, information, weights, quality, cut, value and other estimates, are opinions, limited by examination and grading the mountings, the condition and cleanliness of the items. All gems, colored stones, diamonds, cultured or natural pearls, fresh water, south sea, Tahitian pearls, and other materials used in jewelry, may be enhanced by a variety of treatments. Abell makes no warranties or guaranties that any clock or watch is in working order. Any purchased items with a question of authentication must be addressed within thirty (30) days of the sale date; there are no exceptions.
Any item not removed after 30 days will incur a storage cost of $5.00 a day and will be resold if not removed after one year.